NCR - Forgetaboutit | Glassdoor

"Forgetaboutit"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, NJ

Pros

competitive salaries and benefits acceptable

Cons

no stability, no career planning possible due to constant reorganization, top mgt is untrustworthy, no concern for employees, workload is huge, not enough resources to do a decent job, expectations are that you will work nights and weekends to achieve average appraisals. Do more with less mentality has reached a breaking point.

Advice to Management

Don't underestimate the value of the knowledge, experience and abilities of the people you are shedding

Other Employee Reviews for NCR

1. "More with Less"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Pros

Excellent and dedicated co-workers who really want to make a positive change in the direction and success of the company.

Cons

Always looking to see what can you contribute today. Never enough time to do the job right. Got to meet schedule over all else.

Advice to Management

Get in the trenchs. Install the product, talk to the customers, talk to the people servicing the products. walk the talk.

2. "Things seem to be getting worse"

Current Employee - Customer Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Satisfaction of fixing problems for customers. This used to be an OK job but has been going down for the last few years with wage cuts so not sure if pros will be coming from CE's if they are being honest.

Cons

Divide and Conquer mentality with managers. Low wages with no or very little wage increases. We seem to pick up more work but they keep pressuring us with overtime but no overtime authorized and it gets frustrating. Having to work before and after you are off the clock is ridiculous but it is expected from most if not all TM's or FSM's as they are now called. The workers moral is getting worse since we are starting to talk to each other which the comapny doesn't like.

Advice to Management

The CE's are the face of NCR with the customers and we try to put on our best when dealing with them. Please give us the opportunity to voice our opinionsd and ideas without fear which is how we currently feel and probably won't change.