NCR - It felt as if everyone were looking over their shoulder waiting to be axed for any reason. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NCR

"It felt as if everyone were looking over their shoulder waiting to be axed for any reason."

Former Employee - Field Associate in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Field Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at NCR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent employee benefits package and most at no cost or little or reduced rates.

Cons

I feel that the division (service on site) I worked in had been grossly oversold with SLA's that in no way could be humanly (humanely?) be achieved..

Advice to Management

Do your homework. Know just how many mirror-fogging bodies you have before going into battle with your hands tied with SLA's.

Other Employee Reviews for NCR

"Lot's of work and lot's of customers problems to fix which I love to do."

Former Employee - Customer Service Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at NCR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lot's of work and lot's of customers problems to fix which I love. Company vans are much appreciated.

Cons

NCR parts system was really awful and caused more problems than management would admit to. Lot's of overtime being worked but not recorded because management does not want to admit to it.

Advice to Management

When you see real results of CE's busting their kister keeping the customers very satisfied, recognize them and buy them breakfast or lunch sometime. Recognize team players and reward them.

"Glad I left at the apex of my insanity (I'm in a good place now, self-employed..out the matrix)"

Former Employee - Customer Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at NCR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good teamwork. Covered each others backs. Senior CEs more than willing to lend a helping hand.

- Got to witness below 0 weather in Dayton, OH during out of state training.

Cons

- Foxconn like hours: 40 hr weeks + unrealistic taxing overtime hours that were initially paid as regular rate. NCR got caught and were handed a class lawsuit. I gladly joined in.
    - On call almost everyday. Tried to salvage any sleep that was available.
    - Meager pay.
    - Questioned the meaning of my existence

Advice to Management

None.