NCR - Strong mission and industry fit.......Poor execution and culture | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NCR

"Strong mission and industry fit.......Poor execution and culture"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NCR full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Clear mission and unique experience over competitors based upon wide focus of improving consumer interactions across most areas of commerce (Retail, Financial, Travel, Hospitality)

Strong commitment to Training

Cons

Compensation below what other true technology companies pay

Too many longstanding employees longing for the good ole' days and staying for pension considerations. Culture and morale slipping significantly over last three years.

Very Line of Business (Retail, Financial, etc.) focused. Poor communication and synchronization across LOBs, especially following recent acquisition binge (Retalix, Radiant, etc.)

Management focused on week by week, quarter by quarter orders/revenue at the expense of doing what's best for customers - Despite numerous and constant Corporate internal messaging on always doing what's best for the customer.

Other Employee Reviews for NCR

"No work/ life balance at all"

Former Employee - National Account Manager
    Former Employee - National Account Manager

I worked at NCR full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Coworkers were some of the best I've seen.

Cons

No work/ life balance.

I was recently looking through NCR jobs again and noticed this at the bottom of the Basic Qualifications section for a salaried Management position:

"Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule."

II guess at least they tell you up front you are going to be working over 40 hours/ week but to me that is fairly bold. It would make sense to either a) compensate those people who you are needing to work over 40 hours on a regular basis or b) hire another person to handle the workload. This is part of the reason that NCR is in the Top 10 Worst Companies to Work For list.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure what to say. It seems no one in upper management at NCR is getting it and no one really cares. Please consider your employees and be reasonable about workloads. Hasn't anyone there noticed how many good people have left over the last few years? You guys need to do something to turn employee morale around. People like me who are considering returning to NCR see some of the comments here and it just seems like nothing has changed. NCR has such great products and some of the best people working for you. I hope upper management can wake up and see the value of it's people and start taking actions to show some caring. Otherwise I think you are going to see continued exiting of talent and aversion of new talent into company. This is going to cause pain to both upper management and those working for NCR.

"CSE 2 Chicago Illinois technician"

Current Employee - Customer Engineer II in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Engineer II in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Use to be the company van , micro managed company van makes you not want to drive it

Cons

Everything with our company is absolutely awful . On call nearly every day , 50-70 hour weeks. un appreciative service manager demands not just unrealistic work life from you but actually feels you should work for free on your own time and if you dont, you are looked at sorely .

Advice to Management

Rehire management team and restructure, the companies that service atms the so called "bottom feeders" are rising up and capitalizing on NCRs failures!