NCR - Disorganized herd of cats shifting to low cost overseas employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NCR

"Disorganized herd of cats shifting to low cost overseas employees."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Duluth, GA
Current Employee - Project Manager in Duluth, GA

I have been working at NCR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Only that my manager is the best. After that, meeehhh.

Cons

Poor pay. Shifting salary ranges down in 2013 for all grades. No real bonuses for the past two years. Salary increases have been extremely sub-par. Benefits are ok but not good. Time off is only good because I negotiated for it. Management seem inept and can't make good decisions. Wait till last minute to make decision using poor analysis and impatience. Communication is terrible. Upper level management does not exist at the "headquarters." Projects have silo-ed work efforts that are never made to work together. The only way NCR can make it right now is buy performing companies to pad the bottom line. Soon that will run out. EVERYTHING is too complex; products, prices, processes, systems and organizations. Too many home grown systems too.

Advice to Management

Simplify and focus. Be patient and analyze correctly. Show more of an interest in employees in the US. Communicate better ahead of time, not last minute surprises.

Other Employee Reviews for NCR

"Zero Employee Appreciation"

Current Contractor - Help Desk Agent in Columbus, GA
    Current Contractor - Help Desk Agent in Columbus, GA

I have been working at NCR as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

It's decent pay with fairly flexible hours.

Cons

The management is terrible. At my location, there's zero praise or appreciation for employees. Also, since management is located in a different city, they pretty much forget about you until your absent. Multiple technical issues that made it incredibly hard for me to do my job that also were not resolved for weeks at a time. There were multiple instances that my credentials were not renewed by management and made me either late to work/or unable to perform my job.They have a high turnover rate for a reason.

Advice to Management

Pretend to care about your employees. Listen to suggestions and give personal praise periodically so that our interaction isn't wholly negative.

"Not very impressed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at NCR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

OK benefits. May gain some additional knowledge using their online University (NCRU).

Cons

They bought my company last year. Almost 9 months later they approved hiring more help, although they new we are short handed. Then they announced no raises and assigned wrong job titles (which affects raises/bonuses...). The new hires have the correct job title and compensation but old employee do not. So, we are tasks with training our new coworkers who make a lot more than us. They are horrible.

Advice to Management

They need to care about their employees. Employees are not just numbers!