NCR - Disorganized herd of cats shifting to low cost overseas employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NCR

"Disorganized herd of cats shifting to low cost overseas employees."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Duluth, GA
Current Employee - Project Manager in Duluth, GA

I have been working at NCR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Only that my manager is the best. After that, meeehhh.

Cons

Poor pay. Shifting salary ranges down in 2013 for all grades. No real bonuses for the past two years. Salary increases have been extremely sub-par. Benefits are ok but not good. Time off is only good because I negotiated for it. Management seem inept and can't make good decisions. Wait till last minute to make decision using poor analysis and impatience. Communication is terrible. Upper level management does not exist at the "headquarters." Projects have silo-ed work efforts that are never made to work together. The only way NCR can make it right now is buy performing companies to pad the bottom line. Soon that will run out. EVERYTHING is too complex; products, prices, processes, systems and organizations. Too many home grown systems too.

Advice to Management

Simplify and focus. Be patient and analyze correctly. Show more of an interest in employees in the US. Communicate better ahead of time, not last minute surprises.

Other Employee Reviews for NCR

"Glad I got out!"

Former Employee - Customer Engineer II
    Former Employee - Customer Engineer II

I worked at NCR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Liked the actual work and customer interaction but this is the worst place I ever worked.

Cons

NCR is only concerned with the bottom line and as a morally bankrupt company they look for every opportunity to screw their customers and employees. Don't take a job with this company unless you are absolutely desperate. Don't buy this companies stock either. Their earnings grow year over year but its not a result of a growing business. They continue to increase their profits by outsourcing everyone possible, cutting back employee benefits and not providing services sold to customers such as preventative maintenance. For example they will tell the customer their equipment will get preventative maintenance quarterly on annually or whatever but unless the customer enforces the contract NCR just won't do it. As a customer engineer the on call pay is a joke and the company policies twist your arm to get you to work off the clock. The company has cut back on managers and closed all field offices to save money. All the managers are yes men and they are trained to spew out all the legally correct statements like "we are not saying you should be doing this on your own time" and "everyone is required to take lunch, you can't work through lunch and expect to get paid unless you have OT approval." (Most CEs work through lunch for free since they are expected to complete 10-12 hours worth of work in an quote 8 hour day). Every market is different but in 2013 I worked almost 450 hours of overtime, was on call 4 of the major 6 holidays and ended up working on 3 of them. My point is there is no work life balance and NCR doesn't give a crap about your family or personal life. They do not value their employees and NCR's attitude is they are all just lucky we give them a job! My manager liked saying "if you don't like it we all have options" -translated- "if you don't like it go find somewhere else to work." Because of this attitude NCR retains a lot of lazy or incompetent people who really don't add much value to the company and cant find a better job. I could go on for hours but I will stop here. If you decide to take a job with NCR good luck. I hope you have a better experience than me.

Advice to Management

Do the right thing every once in a while.

"Good experience, bad management"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Peachtree City, GA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Peachtree City, GA

I worked at NCR full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good experience, learned a lot

Cons

It's so big that you are just a number. Lots of layoffs.

Advice to Management

Treat people like people, not numbers.