NCU (Northcentral University) - Great place in view of doing the right thing for students | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NCU (Northcentral University)

"Great place in view of doing the right thing for students"

Former Employee - Admissions in Scottsdale, AZ
Former Employee - Admissions in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at NCU (Northcentral University) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Listen and change when needed to meet students needs

Cons

Favortism amongst admissions reps.. unfair lead dispersing.. lack of raises when promised.

Advice to Management

Integrity and treating all equal

Other Employee Reviews for NCU (Northcentral University)

"Academic and Finance Advisor Role"

Current Employee - Finance and Academic Advisor in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Finance and Academic Advisor in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at NCU (Northcentral University) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been a finance advisor for a few years now. We recently merged with the academic advisor department and there has been a learning curve for me personally but I'm getting the hang of it and I think it will be better for our students in the long run. I like having knowledge of both roles so I can better advise my students. The reason I have stayed with NCU for so long is that it feels like a family. I feel like I can go to my manager or lead and they will always listen and try to help me and I've always loved my coworkers here. Let’s tell it like it is, the few that are upset about this transition are the ones that never used to have to put in a full day's work to get their job done. Now the former finance advisors have a manageable amount of students (I went from like 850-900 down to 250) and we can actually get to know our students and help them graduate. This is what we are here for! Was the transition perfect? Of course not. But I think what made it the hardest was people not being open to change and having a poor attitude. Learning a new job is hard but it's all about your attitude. The team is already getting better at the combined role. I think that morale is going up now that the training part is over and I'm really proud of us, actually. The good ones will stick through the learning phase and will come out stronger.

Cons

I think our computer system could use an update to be more user friendly.

Advice to Management

There needs to be something to measure me against so I know if I'm doing my job right.

2. "Favoritizm at its finest"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at NCU (Northcentral University) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Casual environment and they try to focus on keeping it fun and motivating. Have pool tables, shuffleboard etc. and have a committee to plan fun events and fund raisers.

Cons

Extreme favoritism and unfair practices. If they like you then you basically will benefit it more freedom, pay and advancement then the people that are the worker bees and are realists. Although it's great to be a team player, if you bring up something that is not working, they don't want to hear it and simply brush it under the rug.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at the people that DO the work and not those who simply take the credit. Focus on the truth in why people leave and stop making excuses to fit your own story. Stop judging on perception -take time to listen to the reality of situations and people.