NCU (Northcentral University) - Interesting Software Challenges with a Non-tech Culture | Glassdoor

"Interesting Software Challenges with a Non-tech Culture"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at NCU (Northcentral University) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting software challenges Flexible schedule Free food every third Thursday and birthday cakes for everyone

Cons

Culture is not comparable to a tech companies like Intel, Google, Amazon, Facebook, etc... Culture is somewhere between a start-up and an online software company. Human Resources is really uptight if you miss an extra day due to an illness that you thought was going to take 3 days but took 4 instead. Depending on who you're working with, they may treat you like a child if you're younger than them On more... than one occasion, coworkers could be heard berating other coworkers or talking poorly about certain teams because "you're not as good as others that could be in your position." I stopped using headphones to listen to music and instead used them just to avoid hearing arguments between certain team members in the aisle next to my aisle. Didn't feel very inclusive to younger team members.

Advice to Management

Don't throw into employees' faces what you've done for them as if you gave them the world and they should worship you and beg for forgiveness when things go wrong. Don't let people vent or talk down to other employees in front of everyone. It's unprofessional and creates a toxic culture.

NCU (Northcentral University)2019-07-29
  1. "Excellent Environment"

Former Employee - Enrollment

I worked at NCU (Northcentral University) full-time

Pros

Loved working within enrollment. Great atmosphere!

Cons

I can't think of one thing I would change.

NCU (Northcentral University)2019-08-08
  2. "If you like academia, this will work. Politics no different than the corporate sector. Overall not a bad place."

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at NCU (Northcentral University) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, great organization.

Cons

Communication from leaders isn't great.

NCU (Northcentral University)2019-10-01

Discover more reviews about NCU (Northcentral University).