NCU (Northcentral University) - Best Company to Work For! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NCU (Northcentral University)

"Best Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at NCU (Northcentral University) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The training and compensation growth are very rapid. A team member can advance their income rather quickly until they reach the highest level of the of their salary bracket within his or her position. The culture subscribes to a "Do the Right Thing" value which delivers ethical behaviors from each team member and is demonstrated by positive student experiences.

Cons

The biggest challenge in working for NCU is the nepotism that occurs among the leadership. If you haven't already worked with the leaders or know them through social channels, you may be overlooked for a higher position despite your knowledge, training, education, and talent.

Other Employee Reviews for NCU (Northcentral University)

"Not the best employer as they claim"

Former Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at NCU (Northcentral University) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful co-workers, tvs in the office but you can't really watch them since you are working, various hours to work so you can have a little say.

Cons

They claim they are the best employer in Scottsdale but that's not true. Yes they have a snack cart and a lot of things they do once a month to have you get involved (if you want) but that's offset by the micromanaging. I knew how to do my job, had been doing it well for quite awhile. Then they decided they'd start listening to the calls to make sure and then the number. Oh my the numbers, I always reached mine each month but during the month you'd think I wasn't going to, always getting at us to get them. Associate Directors and Directors make you think they are your friends and will cry for you but then go behind your back and 'slam' you to the others.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees, especially the ones who have been there for more than a year, that they know what they are doing. You can see it in their numbers, we know how to do our job. Check on us every once in a while but don't micro manage.

"The place is a Farce! They claim to be different than the other online schools, but they just as bad."

Former Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at NCU (Northcentral University) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The snack cart was nice every Wednesday.

Cons

Very fake environment, micromanagement like you wouldn't believe. They claim to have an open door policy for employees to vent in confidence, so untrue. Very stressful environment, everyone on pins and needles afraid to lose their jobs. School claims to be special because of one to one teaching. Your watched every microsecond of the day, surprising they don't watch how much toilet paper you use. The upper management like snakes, they will turn on you in a minute. They also have mass layoffs and then bring in new blood about every six months. Feel sorry for the people who are stuck there.

Advice to Management

Pay people more to deal with that environment. Watch your supervisors closer. Overall, have some integrity.