NEC (Japan) - I hated it here as a Senior Software Engineer | Glassdoor

"I hated it here as a Senior Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Adelaide

I worked at NEC (Japan) full-time for less than a year

Pros

I got paid slightly above average wages as I was replacing multiple staff. The team once had 8 people. The final 2 quit and I was left to be the new team of 1 developer.

Cons

Forced to take over for a whole development team after everyone quit at the same time. Totally disorganised and inexperienced management team. Expected to train to become an expert in propriety software systems I had no experience in and support top level government clients. Project management lied to clients, human resources were hopeless, my team leader had no experience as a developer and didn't know what we did.... Every process or system had fundamental problems. Even my automated exit interview didn't work. It was an Indian helpdesk dressed up to look like NEC. I was in the Australian branch of NEC Japan. I quit in one month.

Advice to Management

Start looking after employees. Replace staff when they quit. Take an interest in the clients and you might keep them. Stop hiring excess staff and making them compete for one job. Make quiet work areas away from noisy staff who've already quit and just don't care. Be honest with people when they start. Use knowledge management. Have some flexibility rather than call people's emergency contact at 9:10am when they are... about to walk in the door.

NEC (Japan)2018-10-03
  1. "Good Experience"

Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at NEC (Japan) full-time

Pros

Global company, strong brand presence

Cons

Recent changes in management, still finding their way

NEC (Japan)2019-07-24

"Engineer"

Former Employee - Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at NEC (Japan) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

None. Worse Company I Ever Worked At.

Cons

Terrible Management. Employee Laziness Is Rewarded. Trade Union Mentality. Benefits Are Mediocre. No Loyalty To Employees. Endless Constant Layoffs.

Advice to Management

Quit

NEC (Japan)2019-10-08

Discover more reviews about NEC (Japan).