NELSON - Standard work experience, nothing exceptional to feel the need to stay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NELSON

"Standard work experience, nothing exceptional to feel the need to stay"

Current Employee - Designer
Current Employee - Designer

Pros

Helpful team, respect for employees and good work ethics. There is flow of work within various offices which helps in employee communication and networking.

Cons

Promotions and reviews are very laid back, there is a lack in employee recognition and compensation effort, the work is standard and don't get much opportunity to be creative at times.

Advice to Management

Compensation and salaries should be more competitive, more effort to expand business in different sectors such as retail and hospitality.

Other Employee Reviews for NELSON

"Bad place"

Pros

Decent insurance and other benefits.
    Good co-workers; an image of hardworking, warm hearted factory workers working for mean, egoistic, factory owners.

Cons

Unprofessional organization, poor management, no respect for design, draining energy, no promotions (unless if you are friend with upper management)

Advice to Management

Hire a professional workplace consultant to improve corporate culture.

2. "I'm unique, happy here"

Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at NELSON full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I play a support role at Nelson so my perspective will be different from a designers view. I personally get the support and feedback needed to do my job well. The technology implementation is some of the best and I feel we have done a decent job since I've been here keeping up with everything. Friendly co-workers/teammates and decent after hour events. Good work-life balance, very flexible work-from-home policy.

Cons

Lack of management support with implementing technology/Revit, or other progressive technologies. Offices are silo's acting independently. Benefits/insurance is not supportive of families, but prohibitive. Culture varies per office, radically in some cases.

Advice to Management

Combine studios under a unified umbrella, working on the same platform/standards/technology/culture. Better benefits, we are a large company, should be better. Work on employee retention, way too much turnover, be more attentive to needs of co-workers, learning/training needs and relevance needs, exciting project desires.