NEOGOV - Full of potential for anyone who is driven to excellence | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NEOGOV

"Full of potential for anyone who is driven to excellence"

I have been working at NEOGOV full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Full Disclosure: I currently work at NEOGOV (nearly 8 months) and am a happy employee

NEOGOV is a nice sized company that is neither too big or too small. You end up knowing everyone in the office and company (~150 people). The workforce at NEOGOV has a healthy mixture of young people who are just launching their careers to mid-career managers to highly experienced professionals. I'd have to say it's a good place for anyone in their careers. The company is profitable so job security isn't a problem.

As for the products being designed and developed, they're very exciting and the market NEOGOV is going after is pretty competitive so there's a clear sense of urgency to get ahead of competitors. Most everyone at NG wants to work hard, put in the hours to level up the products and win in the market.

There are three areas at NG; R&D, Sales and Customer Success. The R&D is comprised of developers and designers who work on the products—they love their work. The Sales team obviously sells the products, primarily working through lead generation (cold calls) and then follow up demos. It's pretty effective and the slaes people are a fun bunch. The Customer Success group are hard workers who support the customers and work on implementations. It may seem a thankless job but everyone knows how important this group is.

Cons

The biggest con is that there are so many cool things NG can be making that the focus can be spread thin. It's a con but it's not being ignored and many manager and employees are working on getting more focus in the product development. I'm very hopeful that this issue will get better and better.

Advice to Management

Glassdoor is asking me to give "advice" to "upper-management" but the hierarchy is pretty flat at NEOGOV, the CEO walks around and talks with everyone and knows basically everyone. So it doesn't feel like there's even an "upper-managment" that is far-and-away removed. There's literally only two people who have offices :-)

Other Employee Reviews for NEOGOV

"An exciting place to be!"

I have been working at NEOGOV full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Who would not want to have tons of FUN at work while carving out their own career path? Neogov does a fantastic job of providing a dynamic and diverse work environment, and promoting an excellent work-life balance. One of the most enjoyable places I’ve had the privilege to be a part of! Whether it’s a pumpkin-carving or costume contest, a softball game, a movie outing, or a discussion over a game of fooze ball, you can be sure you’ll have a great time with your colleagues, and you’ll be extremely challenged & stimulated in the process. Opportunities truly seem endless, particularly if you’re driven and enthusiastic. In just over a year my role has evolved (3x!), and I can see even greater possibilities for myself in the future. The roadmap is constantly communicated and we don’t work in silos, so we’re never in the dark about where we’re going. There’s plenty of reason to be optimistic here. It’s a very exciting place to be!

Cons

Sometimes there's very short notice on an aggressive turnaround, but noone is ever expected to pull it off alone. It's very much a team environment.

"Lots of promises, no action."

Pros

Generally a great team environment. Small company promotes a friendly environment. When company events happen, always a good time that enhances team building.

Cons

Make a lot of promises that are never put into action. Limited management structure. Say that they do not micro-manage but that is all they do. Set unrealistic goals but do not give you the tools to achieve them. Just expect you to continue to exceed quota with limited resources. Need to learn to give help, praise, & management with each is due. The NEOGOV "community" needs a morale boost.