NES Rentals - Great company to work for! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NES Rentals

"Great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Rental Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Rental Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at NES Rentals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoyable work environment. Upper management was a pleasure to work for. I got laid off during a rough economic time.

Cons

There were 3 branches around the Atlanta area. It felt like we were always competing with one another. My immediate supervisor was lazy and did not do much of anything. I felt like this really hurt our branches performance led to both of us getting laid off.

Advice to Management

Upper management should give branches incentives to send deals to each other. Instead we were taking deals from each other in their each others areas. I felt like I was competing with my own company. Also when laying off employees they should take look at where the fat needs to be trimmed.

Other Employee Reviews for NES Rentals

1. "The best job I ever had."

Current Employee - Employee in Nederland, TX
    Current Employee - Employee in Nederland, TX

Pros

Safety is the number one priority with NES Rentals. My boss allows me to do my job. Compensation is very good. NES kept as many employees as they could during the down times.

Cons

We would all like to make more money. 401K ,matching needs to be more.

Advice to Management

Keep updating the fleet. Look for more and different ways to show appreciation to all employees. Look for ways to promote from within.

2. "The most safety oriented company I have ever worked for."

Former Employee - Transportation
    Former Employee - Transportation

I worked at NES Rentals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Good salary
    -Great vacation package
    -Good communication and teamwork
    -Modern , quality equipment
    -Sensible work hours
    -Great benefits and insurance packages
    -Well maintained rental fleet

Cons

-Tons of paperwork
    -Dispatch plays favorites
    -Must use height measurement tool on every machine , every time . This sounds like a good practice , but, there are only so many different pieces of equipment . Measuring the same type of machine over and over is insulting.
    - Being told to stow chains and boomers laying loose all over the trailer instead of stowed in boxes or on chainrack for the sake of speed is lazy , unsafe , and very dangerous .
    -Constant scanning of rental contracts with mobile device , and reading tiny print all day is torture on vision

Advice to Management

There is so much needless , redundant procedures that could be eliminated to streamline production and boost morale.