NEXON - :) | Glassdoor

":)"

Current Employee - Assistant Producer/Production Coordinator in El Segundo, CA
Current Employee - Assistant Producer/Production Coordinator in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at NEXON full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work with great people.
Managers/Team Leads are always willing to share their knowledge.
Friendly work environment.

Cons

Bit of a drive if not in the area. TRAFFIC

Other Employee Reviews for NEXON

"Nexon is changing and I'm ready for it - Riding the wave"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Pros

Nexon is changing and some people just can't handle it. They want to hang on to the past, can't admit that Nexon is a business and think that they all need to be taken care of. This company and it's executive seem to be doing everything they can to bounce back from some normal down turns (just like Activision, THQ, EA, RockStar and many others) but somehow because it's Nexon - the sky is falling.
    Nothing they are doing is any different that anyother company going through similar situations, they talk about it to employees, they rescructure, they regroup and they are doing everything they can. It's a reality and I believe in them and their plans for how to make our future brighter.
    They are good hearted people, doing the best they can, with the cirmstances they have. the're LOTS of motivated, happy excited people here wanteing to jump in and turn the company around - not everyone has a foot out the door !
    Success will be our best revenge !

Cons

it's a tough time and change is hard.
    Trying to keep away from the negativity and staying positive is hard but hopefully the people who can't see the light will find a new home and take their negativitiy with them.

Advice to Management

Hang in there, don't give up and think that we are all critical - lots of us are really with you and we believe in what is happening. New blood is here and we'll help swing the pendulum in the right direction - toward a new day !

"A tense environment, where everyone has one foot out the door."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Pros

-Casual work environment.
    - There are some truly amazing and talented employees here. You will not have a hard time making life-long connections here.
    -Nexon has an impressive portfolio of games- games that would do AMAZINGLY well under different leadership.
    -Some of the executives mean well, however, are not very good with follow-through or giving proper direction.

Cons

- Nearly all perks have been taken away, including: free lunches, team outtings, beer at CEO updates and company parties.
    - Bonuses and pay increases are a thing of the past.
    - Aside from casual, the work environment is: hostile, uncomfortable, confusing and unstable. To say moral is low, is putting it gently.
    - Sadly, most of the employees are bonding over their negative experiences at Nexon. Not exactly the type of bonding you hope your employees are having.
    - The company has lost sight of what it wants to achieve, which is obvious with the constant restructuring, and the recent layoffs. They have an idea of what they want (to win the players back) but there is currently no plan (at least not one the execs are willing to share) on how our new goals are going to be achieved.
    - As others have stated, unless you are Korean, don't plan on moving up.
    - The company lacks vision.
    - Many managers and executives are not qualified for their positions.
    - Customer satisfaction and retention is not a high priority.
    - It seems many of the "heavy hitters" have left, are looking, or are in the process of leaving.
    - Policies overlooked for "special" individuals. Any non-fraternization policy that may exist does not apply to all employees.

Advice to Management

Policies should be the same across the board, meaning, it should never be okay for a director to date an associate, esp when said associate is being promoted. Things like this cause employees to lose trust and respect for the company and the people running it. Also, it may be a good idea to sit down and really figure out what Nexon's goal is. It seems some executives are focused on driving up revenue, while others seem as though they are focusing on customer support. Having said that, a proper plan (not just a "hey, we think we're going to try this" speech) is very much needed. Most employees are giving up simply because there is a lack of true leadership and goals.