NFI Industries - Good, informative internship | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Good, informative internship"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at NFI Industries as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are all very helpful and friendly especially when first starting out. No two days are alike as the type of work being done changes daily.

Cons

NFI is going through some growing pains as it transitions into a larger company. Projects can be disorganized at times and few of the processes are standardized. Does not seem like they promote from within much.

Other Employee Reviews for NFI Industries

1. "unfair employer"

Former Employee - Mechanic in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Mechanic in Orlando, FL

I worked at NFI Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very few it was a paycheck every other week that didnt bounce in the 2 years I was there, moste co workers I worked with closely were good but eveyone afraid of losing their jobs

Cons

next to no benefits, treated like disposable animals, no time and a half over 40, raises are an insult and I was FIRED for uniforms damaged from working on their equipment. 100.00 worth and charged for the uniforms

Advice to Management

Pay a fair salary and you will keep honest and fair employees. Fire people charged with sexual harrassment instead of relocating them to other terminals.

"One ride that was exhilarating to begin and terrifying towards the end!"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Bolingbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Bolingbrook, IL

I have been working at NFI Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part about working for NFI is that I know I don't take home any work and that the job is fairly easy to do with no one watching over you constantly or trying to push you harder than you can go.

Cons

Some of the workers and supervisors get a little to close and have odds with others and the work environment went down over the years due to poor wages and benefits.

Advice to Management

Try to keep your thoughts and opinions to yourselves and not share them with the rest of the employees. A lot of the animosity towards the staff and management are due to rumors being spread and not keeping morale at a high standard.