NFP - Work/life balance in a crazy industry | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Work/life balance in a crazy industry"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Norwell, MA
Current Employee - Account Executive in Norwell, MA

I have been working at NFP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong leaders that have a passion for people. Personal development and promoting from within are core values. Work life balance is valued and leaders set the example. The work day has clear boundaries and people work their 8 hour day and turn the phone off when they get home (a rarity in this industry). Leadership is focused on employees being engaged and happy at work and constantly touching base to make sure your development needs are being met.
Everyone takes their vacation time. I've worked at several other competing firms but NFP seems to really have a handle on how to balance work and life.

Cons

Like other organizations, teams can start to work as a silo if cross-communication between teams isn't facilitated. Thankfully NFP has recognized this and sets up regular times for teams to meet and share ideas.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and continue to choose the right people to join our team. It is better to have a small team of positive strong performers than bring on people who will negatively impact us. Please continue the focus on people first, it is so rewarding to work for a company that recognizes the need for a life outside of work and encourages a balance!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Manage accounts and handle benefits management for HR Teams"

I have been working at NFP full-time

Pros

They have an excellent culture of finding and cultivating talent.

Cons

They really challenge you to master your position to be considered for a promotion, which can sometimes be frustrating.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at NFP full-time

Pros

NFP supports work/life balance and career growth. The people are great to work with and always motivating each other.

Cons

Although we are one team, the office space puts us into silos so we don't see each other that much in the office. I think if we opened the space up it would allows us to work together more closely as ONE NFP.

Advice to Management

Give feedback whether it's positive or negative. This helps employees grow and become more comfortable doing what they do.

Discover more reviews about NFP.