NIKE - Great company to be with but you will be a small fish in a big sea. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NIKE

"Great company to be with but you will be a small fish in a big sea."

Former Employee - FT Athlete in Niagara Falls, NY
Former Employee - FT Athlete in Niagara Falls, NY

I worked at NIKE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nike is big, strong, great roots and great innovation. Decent health care for retail. Great discount. Best work attire you'll ever have for a job!

Cons

Easy to get lost in such a big company. Very hard to move up if the people directly above you do not work with you.

Advice to Management

At the store level it can be tough finding great leaders, more like managers.

Other Employee Reviews for NIKE

1. "Manager encouraged no OT pay"

I worked at NIKE (More than a year)

Pros

Pretty nice environment, running trail around main campus, great cafeterias, close to shopping and access to employee store.

Cons

My first meeting with my team lead revolved around OT. He told me when he worked there as a contractor, he never billed for OT. He spoke to me and other members on the team, trying to get us to not bill for OT, despite working long hours. Also saw instances where they would take advantage of people on a VISA and also not pay fair wage or OT.

Advice to Management

Manage the leads better. They should not be encouraging people to NOT get paid for OT. Also saw instances where they would take advantage of people on a VISA and also not pay fair wage or OT.

"It's a great company to work for"

Current Employee - Lead Software QA Engineer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Lead Software QA Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at NIKE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nike has created one of the best brand names in the world and the culture of this branding is in its DNA. Product innovation is at its core, invested heavily in technology, aggressively pursuing new markets.

Cons

Branding works well within the company as well. Real talents often gets overshadowed by people who advertise themselves better.

Advice to Management

One size doesn't fit all !! The ecosystem of applications in Nike's technology landscape is very diverse, although it requires some standardization, it doesn't benefit some. In contrary, it is actually going to be detrimental in some cases.