NIKE - Meetings, meetings, meetings, but nothing gets done! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NIKE

"Meetings, meetings, meetings, but nothing gets done!"

Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Beaverton, OR
Former Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Beaverton, OR

Pros

Gym
Campus in Beaverton is gorgeous environment to work
Covered parking garage - a must in rainy Oregon
The food in the campus cafeterias is awesome
Employee Stores (50% off retail)
Employee Sample sales

Cons

It comes down to who you know and what people and cliques you're aligned with as to how your career "inside the berm" will go. Also helps greatly if you're an avid runner, cyclist, or work out at the gym all the time so you'll get to network more. This is a networker's paradise and that's how you find out about things going on. There were some projects there that were a huge joke as far as their success was concerned but people involved will keep those projects relevant to protect their little kingdoms.

Advice to Management

The really top management at Nike doesn't know what's going on and the people under them won't be honest and filter bad news upward. I worked on a project for 3 years, took notes at every weekly meeting, and when I left, they were still spinning on the same topics I had been taking notes for when I started work on the project!! Lots of talking at meetings but things just don't get accomplished.

Other Employee Reviews for NIKE

"Not the same place anymore"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Beaverton, OR

Pros

Great work environment, beautiful campus, cafeterias, fitness centers. Very good benefits and PTO. Obviously a globally respected company.

Cons

It's a boys club. Women are often overlooked for promotions within the company. Just look at leadership teams and the history of promoting women. I've seen a couple of other posts here about it's not what you know, it's who you know. Completely true. There's a couple of very powerful political groups within Nike and if you're in with them and kiss the right ass you'll go places. Too many qualified people overlooked for promotions who are deserving of them. The company has changed a great deal, and not for the better the past 18 months. It used to be a real special place to work, now it's just a place to work. Sad because it was really, really good. Many veterans are not respected despite what people like Nelson say.

Advice to Management

Stop getting rich on the backs of everyone else. Seriously. Open your eyes to the people around you and stop promoting your friends and the people who have their heads stuck up your behinds.

"No Team Effort."

Former Employee - Nike Lead in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Nike Lead in Tempe, AZ

Pros

I love everything about this brand! The history behind Nike is what motivated me to bring my A game to work everyday, to be involved with my community, and especially motivate others to do the same.

Cons

During the time of my employment with Nike, there was an absence of strong leadership & communication. If there is no Coach, how can a team play effectively. I have outlined a few key points why Nike will remain out of the Top 10 places to work:

No organization/lack of structure: There is no management and no authority. Leads typically handle all store operations, not upper management.

Employee Retention: Athletes have no concept of what customer service is and how to retain consumers or even build relationships with consumers. There is no formal training. Long time employees no longer are excited about expressing themselves the Nike way.

Lack of Sportsmanship/ No Team building: It’s starts at the top. The communication between Nike Retail and HQ is non-existent.
        “If the leader of a team doesn’t understand the power of teamwork and isn’t prepared to lead the effort in terms of setting an example and dedicating time to it, then the chances of success are basically zero”-

Advice to Management

1) I can't stress how important it is to train all management across the board on how to be better managers.