NJOY - Attorney | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Attorney"

I have been working at NJOY full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the fast paced and exciting work environment while still being able to maintain a very health work-life balance. The work in the legal department is varied and sophisticated. The office as a whole is very much a meritocracy, star employees seem to advance very quickly and are rewarded while poor performers don't seem to do very well. So far, the company seems to growing very quickly and doing very well.

Cons

The company is in a heavily regulated and competitive industry and can benefit greatly or be hurt by regulatory/industry changes. While there is a lot of upside, there is also significant downside risk. Very much a startup in the sense of high risk/high reward.

Advice to Management

This is a very fast growing and quickly moving business. It would be great to get more regular updates on what all the teams are up to, the company's future plans and how we are or are not meeting our targets and goals.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Favorite job of my career"

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at NJOY full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been a company for nearly a year and every day is more exciting than the last. I'm constantly inspired by the mission of the company and my peers who are helping to make it a reality.

Cons

As a small fast growing company sometimes its hard to keep everyone on the same page. Also would like to see the company sponsor more social events for the team since so many of us are new.

"Amazing company to work for..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

I have been working full time at NJOY for just over 7 months and have really enjoyed the opportunity I have been given here.
    The management team are some of the brightest and most brilliant people I have worked with and have a clear vision for the future of the company which has been communicated with all employees.
    The office in Soho is a nice blend of open work space and private rooms for making calls or having meetings. Despite how fast paced the days can be, there is a pretty relaxed atmosphere around the office. Lunch is often ordered a couple of times per week for the office and summer Fridays are always something to look forward to.
    The company continues to hire great people and so working with such colleagues every day is not only motivating but creates an environment for you to learn new skills quickly and grow as an individual.

Cons

We are a growth company and are growing fast. Like any company in our position, the workflow can be challenging and intense at times. For those that do not do well with pressure or deadlines, the pace at which we work at, may not be a fit for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue to set and maintain the high standards that have been in place to date, and develop that culture as new hires on board.

Discover more reviews about NJOY.