NJVC - It wasn't all bad; but then again... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NJVC

"It wasn't all bad; but then again..."

Current Employee - Trainer in Vienna, VA
Current Employee - Trainer in Vienna, VA

I have been working at NJVC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were some awesome people at the company that were passionate about their projects and made work challenging (in a good way) and enjoyable. Although I worked in HR, I was still able to learn a lot from the different departments and broaden my knowledge base.

Cons

There were some in management that were too self-involved and elitist to recognize talent outside of their own social circle and have done much to contribute to low morale. Definitely a good ol' boys club. The only thing missing are the mint juleps. The HR Department probably needs its own HR.

Advice to Management

People don't leave good companies; they leave bad management. There is a lot of talent just waiting to be recognized, appreciated, and properly utilized.

Other Employee Reviews for NJVC

"Like living in a Dilbert comic"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at NJVC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The combination of low stress and low expectations balances well with the low salaries. The people are really really nice. Nicest I have ever worked with. People smile at you in the hallways! Also, the chairs are comfortable for sleeping, based on what I see on other floors.

Cons

You have to remember that this company was born from a Ted Stevens pork project. A contract was given to alaskan natives who THEN created a company to do the work. Since the money was basically forced upon them, there was no culture of having to earn it. This culture, combined with the low pay scale basically attracts the type of people who interviewed with BAH, IBM and Accenture but never got a call back. To be fair, that only describes about half of the employees and most of the managers. The rest are top-flight people, and are critically important to the mission, bacause they take up the slack for the deadwood in the next cubicle. Examples? There are alot of people that are "managers" but don't have any direct reports. If all you manage is a process, you are not a manager. So why are you wearing a tie? The HQ building, less than a year old, is falling apart. Every aspect of its design, including the desks, were clearly done on the cheap. I think the cubicle furniture was actually designed to enhance the sounds of coworkers clipping their fingernails and using the speakerphone to listen to voicemail. As a consequence, nearly ever day You can hear someone drop an f-bomb or say something WILDLY inappropriate. This is the first place I have worked that I would not want to bring my younger kids.

Advice to Management

Snap the whip. Have an chat with the slackers. Send out an email reinforcing the rules for office behavior. When I hear people using words like"retards" in a loud voice, there is clearly a problem.

"NJVC is a Sinking Ship"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I worked at NJVC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay and good location

Cons

Terrible management and they don't take care or listen to the employees

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees