NNE - Very focused engineering sentric company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NNE

"Very focused engineering sentric company"

Current Employee - Engineer in Morrisville, NC
Current Employee - Engineer in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at NNE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Truly incredible benefits, 9% 401k match, bosses who did what you do so understand what you need to succeed. Very focused on getting the job done and they let you do it and don't kill you with lots of needless reports. No politics that I have seen. If you're an engineer and want to do your job in a decent environment for good pay this is a good company. Lots of potential opportunities, especially international. Quarterly meetings that let everyone know where the company is, how we are doing vs goal etc. Seems like the new US management really wants this to succeed and be a powerhouse.

Cons

Came through a downturn a while back but management was very transparent. Seems to be on the upswing. Sometimes feel a bit out of touch as we are small US branch of large Danish Company and many of us work remote at different plants. Not much you can do about that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It's working and people are feeling much better about themselves and the company.

Other Employee Reviews for NNE

"Indian Operations at mess"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at NNE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Perks are good if you can negotiate. Few employees go to their native place every weekend at Company's expense, like Delhi. Management is very lenient to their yes mans. Denmark trip is a plus unless u fall out with your boss.

Cons

Else everything a con. All directors work in silos, no body likes the MD, no clear vision , sales strategy, everything changes every fortnight, just surviving on projects outsourced from Denmark or other countries. No visibility in Indian market. Common perception is NNE dont take Indian projects or are not capable of handling A projects. No acceptability at Pharma giants. Technological capabilities very limited , management doesnt have trust on their own employees unless they are stooges. Lot of internal groups among different discipline directors.Everybody is involved in office politics against each other.
    People management does not exist in India, employee's professional development and guidance are extremely lacking. This make moving internally extremely difficult. You pickup whatever you learn on the job/project.
    -Mentor/Mentee relationships as optional and are not part of company culture.
    -Senior engineers are resistant to change with company's global strategies and management is failing to address this.
    -Company does not have a culture that celebrates success. Employees promotions, accomplishment etc. You may go from E1 to E4 and there would be no change in job title.
    -There is no transparency around bonus pools, it's extremely difficult to gauge how you're performing. Year-end bonus is always a surprise, it shouldn't be. There is no 360 feedback. Peers give each other 4s and 5s out of 5 with no constructive feedback on improvement or development.
    -Process, Automation, and Facilities work in silos, unless they're lucky to be on a project together. Otherwise only management knows whats going on in these departments.
    In a nut shell "Lalachaap company".

Advice to Management

Don't bid lump sum on a greenfield project .
    -Hold yourselves accountable.
    -If you can't find work in MES/MIS/Serialization areas that doesn't mean you immediately change strategy.
    -Develop and focus on your employees.
    Hire and fire shouldn't be the policy .. Try to develop your employees rather than ridiculing every time for a failure.
    Spot right talent dont go after employees who just show off.
    Understand sales process dont rely on past experiences alone. Dont discriminate based on gender.

NNE Response

Nov 9, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give your candid and honest feedback about your experience with NNE. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not as positive as it could have been.

I would... More

"Engineer"

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at NNE full-time

Pros

Company data base is strong. Global knowledge sharing. Official travel both locally and abroad.

Cons

Management is not supportive. KPI too high, return less or negligible. No working flexibility. No trust on employees. Mostly work sharing with other offices. Company politics. HR policies keeps changing. less support on offshoring. Adamant.

NNE Response

Sep 6, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, and I am sorry to hear that your experience at NNE was not as positive as it could have been. We're always working to optimize all of our... More