NORCAL Mutual Insurance - Awesome Company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NORCAL Mutual Insurance

"Awesome Company to work for"

Former Employee - Claims Assistant in Pasadena, CA
Former Employee - Claims Assistant in Pasadena, CA

I worked at NORCAL Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Norcal Mutual was an amazing company to work for. The 10 plus years that I was there were an amazing time of growth and learning. The friendship, the constant dialog and team spirit are things I will always have with me and never forget.

Cons

There is no cons. Norcal Mutual was and still is a great company to work for. Being laid off was a result of the economy and I can't fault them because of that.

Advice to Management

Simply, Thank You for an amazing ten year run. You all are great.

Other Employee Reviews for NORCAL Mutual Insurance

"Had high hopes but was hugely disappointed"

I worked at NORCAL Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Learned so much at Norcal, friendly co-workers, great benefits and corporate performance plan.

Cons

Toxic environment, poor management, good ol' boys club, ultra conservative, and inefficient processes with old technology.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and make changes, don't just listen and not do anything. Create open door policy, offer educational trainings and update computer/office technology.

"Now and Going Forward"

Pros

Now and Looking Forward

A lot of the bad reviews were focused on old management and the difficult process of merging companies. I feel like they have come through to the other side and are now hitting their marks. They are focusing on culture in a positive way, through assessments and discussions. Certainly, the management style of each department is different- some better than others- but it seems to be going in the right direction. The offices are all nice, HR is professional and we have proper resources. Current cost cutting appears to be related to good business decisions.

Cons

Differences between cultures within departments and offices should be addressed- lots of inequities due to mgt style that are not necessary and cause bad feelings. Policies on OT, comp time, work at home, permission protocols should be more uniform.

Advice to Management

Treat all of the offices the same