NPR - Best Place I've Ever Worked | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NPR

"Best Place I've Ever Worked"

Current Employee - Editor in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Editor in Washington, DC

I have been working at NPR full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, a mission I can get behind, some opportunity for growth. Good team spirit within departments, but not inter-departmentally.

Cons

Too much old-school thinking. To much division among departments. No clear leadership. Too much pain trying to meet the bottom line. Current low morale among both employees and management.

Advice to Management

Too mired in bureaucracy. Too afraid to let go of non-producing employees. Too slow to make changes. To afraid to move, period. Say they want to be players, don't back it up with action.

Other Employee Reviews for NPR

1. "Programmer"

I have been working at NPR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. It does the right things for the right reasons. Tiny Desk concerts in your workplace.

Cons

It's the news business. Things can always go bad. But overall this is a great place to work.

2. "Wonderful Place to Work"

Current Employee - Digital
    Current Employee - Digital

I have been working at NPR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My coworkers are among the brightest, most thoughtful people with whom I've had the good fortune to work. NPR holds a unique position in the media landscape and most of its people are really dedicated to creating the best possible product. It is really great to work in an environment where you feel like you are contributing something to make the world a better informed place. Although it can't be said of all areas of the company, my group has a good work-life balance. I look forward to go to work each day. You can't ask for more than that!

Cons

Communication, between divisions and between upper management and the rest of us, needs improvement.