NTS Communications - Family type business. | Glassdoor

"Family type business."

Current Employee - Customer Care
Current Employee - Customer Care

Pros

The people I work with are great. I love everyone! No surprise firings either. I feel like family there.

Cons

No raises at all!!! Major downside.

Advice to Management

F

Other Employee Reviews for NTS Communications

1. "CEO Cyrus Driver"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at NTS Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hands on experience to learn from the CEO Cyrus Driver, family oriented environment, always willing to go the extra step to help out in any situation

Cons

I HAVE NO CONS FOR THIS JOB AT ALL.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great work! Many Thanks to
    CEO-Cyrus Driver
    EVP, Sales & Advanced Services -Angel Kandahari
    Director- Inside Sales, Account Management and Retention -Chris Ramirez

NTS Communications Response

Apr 6, 2017 – Management

Thank for taking the time to give us your review and provide such positive feedback!

2. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at NTS Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Advancement opportunities. The only true fiber to the premises provider in the region. Super fast internet for dirt cheap speeds. Reliable enough for most people. The company is investing a lot of money in upgrading the network for voice, data, and video, but there is still a lot of old equipment on the network, and it's a disruption to move things over. The current ownership / management team is a big improvement over the last one, and they will be gone in a couple of years, so there is a chance for promotions when the current owners sell the company and presumably the new owners will need people to step up from inside the company. Health insurance takes effect immediately upon hire, and it's decent (BCBS) with low out of pocket premiums for a family.

Cons

Installation can take a long time and often requires handholding by the sales rep. All the sales reps are climbing all over each other - no territories or other way of splitting up opportunities. Too many sales reps in the Lubbock area. Reliability is far from 100% or even 99%. Management is making a lot of (much needed) changes, so the changes that directly affect sales reps are still months away, which is frustrating. No CRM. The customer management suite is awful and leads to big problems with installations and customer support. It's very difficult to find important information about existing customers.

Advice to Management

Revamp the entire installation process, especially for new business sales. This is a customer's introduction to NTS, don't make it a hassle and keep them apprised from start to finish rather than sending out techs randomly and nobody catching stuff that falls through the cracks. The sales rep shouldn't be the first one to hear from the customer about a no-show by an installation tech.... a week after the fact. Also you should evaluate the pay gap between inside sales and outside sales. When the entire inside sales team routinely hits 100%+ of $5000 quota, and the outside sales team maybe has 1 or 2 reps hitting $2500 quota each month, things are out of whack.

NTS Communications Response

Dec 9, 2016 – Management

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. At NTS, we are committed to providing the best service and support that we can to our customers. As we continue to grow our company, we are ... More