NTT DoCoMo - satisfied with my intern experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NTT DoCoMo

"satisfied with my intern experience"

Former Employee - Intern
Former Employee - Intern

Pros

People there are friendly and open minded. I can discuss my work with my supervisor whenever he has time. Salary is good.

Cons

If I were asked to say some downsides of working at NTT DoCoMo USA labs, I would say their research team is not very big and the chances of exchanging ideas with people from similar background are slim.

Advice to Management

NTT DoCoMo is a strong company in the field of telecommunications. I feel proud to have worked there for one summer.

Other Employee Reviews for NTT DoCoMo

1. "used to be good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Pros

great working environment , progressive , supportive co workers, company with global footprint

Cons

post merger with competitor , total culture change lack of business direction , bad product management , middle management is incompetent as well as the upper management, low employee morale , retrenching key staff who can make a difference , hardwork not recognized

Advice to Management

get your business direction right , focus on your product offerings , most importantly get the right peoplein the right position to do the right things.

2. "A company with no clear directions"

Pros

The only good reason what I can think of Docomo Intertouch is their work life approach where you get some time off to do your personal stuff and still work from virtually anywhere, as long as you are needed.

Cons

The management clearly has no sense of long term directions. Forking out USD150 million over buying their main competitor in the region, MagiNet and then axing their competitor products, turning it back into what they used to do. The management are blind and inexperienced when it comes to building up a reliable team as they only listen to people who 'shoe-polish' them thinking that's how they work. Majority of their sales force has no clue what they're selling or dealing with. Their only concern is, to clinch the deal.

Advice to Management

Revise your strategy, really re-look at your 'innovation' ideas. Rehire the people who can make an impact and really knows what they're doing.