NVIDIA - Great company and exciting workplace | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NVIDIA

"Great company and exciting workplace"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Durham, NC
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Durham, NC

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I saw some of the negative reviews on Glassdoor about NVIDIA, I was nervous about whether my experience would be similar to those ones. Having worked at NVIDIA for nearly a year, though, I can say that my experience has been anything but negative. I absolutely love my job here -- I wake up excited each day to come to work. My work life balance is great -- when I'm at work, I work hard, but I then leave my work at the office and don't think about it when I'm at home.The work itself is challenging, but I have found that this helps to motivate me all the more. I have never had any trouble getting help from my co-workers, and in fact, I've found that most will bend over backwards to help someone else when they need it. I've found that most of the individuals I've worked with have been exceptionally smart and I've learned a lot from them, but at the same time, I've found that I have been able to offer a lot back to the group and it's a great feeling to feel that my relationships have been a two-way street. It's also been awesome to work at the cutting edge of technology and to see the innovations the company is developing.

I'm continually impressed with NVIDIA and I feel I've made the right choice in coming here.

Cons

The main form of communication at NVIDIA is email, and accordingly, you'll get tons of it. Effective filters/rules help to manage the deluge.

Other Employee Reviews for NVIDIA

"Great company"

Former Employee - Dev Tech Engineer in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Dev Tech Engineer in Boulder, CO

I worked at NVIDIA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, location, and work environment. People worked very well with spatially diverse teams.

Cons

I have some mixed feelings being an engineer in a smaller satellite office.

"Intense Workplace - Amazing Coworkers"

Former Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at NVIDIA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Made some of the best friends of my life working at NVIDIA.
     - Learned what I am capable of achieving under EXTREMELY stressful working conditions; it gave me confidence in my own abilities
     - Relatively flat organization with little politics. You can get attention for your projects even with 8k employees
     - Definitely play hard mentality after you're finished working
     - No accruing vacation. Take it as you need it. (however I've noticed this also breeds a lot of peer pressure NOT to take vacation...so you just have to be OK with that)

Cons

- Very stressful work environment. At crunch times, there is ZERO work/life balance
    - Teams will be near completion on a project, and then a senior person will come in and completely change direction. It wastes time.
    - There are always big ideas that trickle down from the top without consideration for how many resources will be needed to execute. Each person is doing 3-people's jobs.
    - Abrasive communication style. Very negative, very aggressive.
    - None of the fun perks that other large Silicon Valley companies are known for. No free lunch. No shuttles from SF. No 401k matching (while I was there, although I think this has since changed). No cash bonus (only RSUs).

Advice to Management

- Be more constructive, and communicate more thoughtfully with each other at the most senior levels. That positivity will trickle down to the teams you manage. Right now, it's a very thankless environment.
    - Show employees appreciation. Don't assume that ESPP or RSUs are enough. There is a lot of competition for good workers, and they will go for higher pay/better benefits/work-life-balance
    - Teach managers how to manage. Give them training on mentorship, communication skills, etc...