NVIDIA - The only good Giant to work for!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NVIDIA

"The only good Giant to work for!!"

Current Employee - Senior ASIC Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Senior ASIC Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Great place to work!! It's the best dynamic big company to work for!!

Cons

Not really a downside, but since you are asking - the work is pretty demanding!! You need to be able to spend a good time working. It's surely not a 9-5 job...

Advice to Management

Nothing really!! They know what they are doing (for good or for bad)

Other Employee Reviews for NVIDIA

"It's an exceiting job"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

The employees here are the brightest people I have ever met. I learn stuff from them every day. Also I get to pick my own projects to some extent, so I feel like I can individually influence the direction of the company, at least in my business area. I always have the resources I need to complete my work. Others are willing to help out when needed and management makes sure I have the equipment I need.

Cons

It can be hard to keep up. Development moves fast and strategies change often. Coming back to work after a week or two of vacation here feels like you've been gone for a year.

Advice to Management

Pick a direction and stick to it. The number of prematurely aborted projects is depressing at times. Spend less time organizing "status" meetings to spit buzz-words about increased productivity at the employees and more time communicating the actual strategies down to us.

2. "Nvidia: build exciting products with amazing coworkers."

Current Employee - Senior Architect in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Architect in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Nvidia offers the opportunity to work with exceptionally intelligent and driven people while building amazing products. Opportunities for both technical growth and career advancement abound. Management works hard to retain their best engineers.

Cons

Like many technical companies, Nvidia often runs its projects on unrealistically aggressive schedules (leading to unreasonable demands on its employees.)

On the issue of compensation, certain benefits are unfortunately lacking. For example, Nvidia offers no 401(k) matching.

Advice to Management

While Nvidia's core business units are amazingly strong, the management of certain "growth" units is unfortunately reactionary.