NVR - Good when the market it good - cut throat in the downturn | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NVR

"Good when the market it good - cut throat in the downturn"

Pros

Great place to learn all aspects of homebuilding

Cons

Very little advancement even when doing a superior job

Other Employee Reviews for NVR

"Great company to work for even while the market is down"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Representative
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Representative

Pros

While the housing market is currently slower than the past few years management has continued to think of ways to help the sales staff get the needed sales. We are not paid on percentage commissions, so even though home prices have dropped it hasn't affected our pay directly. The management teams are supportive of your personal/professional goals and are very open to feedback. Constant self-evaluation and feedback from management makes it so that you don't get bored because you're always able to work on something to improve yourself. While promotions have been slowed the growth opportunity is great, even within the position itself.

Cons

Being part of a large Fortune 500 company can be frustrating at time because of the amount of time it takes to affect change. There are numerous layers to work through before something can be approved, etc...

Advice to Management

Continue to think outside the box and continue to solicit feedback from those in the field, not only on the sales side, but on the building side as well - those ideas are the ones that will promote the solutions that we are looking for. It's not ALWAYS about the numbers or earnings per share, but the people as well and sometimes that can get lost in translation.

"Strong Company, Coaching Managers"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer

I have been working at NVR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management is strong and fair. We do our job, take care of our customers, and are rewarded for excelling. The recruiter I worked with from Buffalo was kind, informative, and thorough.

Cons

Pressure, Traffic of commute, nothing else I can think of.

Advice to Management

Continue to work with processing teams. It is a tough role, but the education is unparalleled.