NWEA - Good people | Glassdoor

"Good people"

Former Employee - Partner Technical Support Specialist in Portland, OR

I worked at NWEA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good training, good benefits, good coworkers. Low key atmosphere. Seemed like everyone was friendly and funny and helpful. Seemed like lots of people who were good at their jobs would get promoted. Many of the partners I spoke with were also really nice, patient, and understanding.

Cons

I worked technical phone support on the west coast for east-coast hours during a new product rollout. I got overwhelmed with phone calls many of them from folks straight-up panicking because things weren't working. I was advised to try to give the callers something to try on their own and then have them call back if it didn't work. Evidently others were successful at it, but I was not. We'd try one thing after... another, call times would blow up, things would have to get escalated, and it very often seemed that some fundamental software problem, was at the core. It was very uncomfortable.

Advice to Management

You probably know this, but when you make the quality of support/quality of service tradeoffs you have to make those trade-offs work for the customer, not the bottom line. If your bottom line depends on that compromise, you're going to get sunk. You've been saved by the fact that your customers need you. You've been successful because of what amounts to a legal accident, and what's widely regarded as an educational... policy disaster. Many of those phone calls haunt me. I think about this way more than I should.

NWEA2016-04-08
  1. "Life as an intern"

Former Intern - Human Resources Assistant in Portland, OR

I worked at NWEA for more than 3 years

Pros

- Good experience in an office - Friendly and encouraging co-workers - Good connections

Cons

- Lacking diversity - Work can be slow sometimes

NWEA2019-07-08
  2. "Good benefits"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Portland, OR

I have been working at NWEA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing benefits! 6 week PTO, 403b employer contributions, great health benefits.

Cons

Too political, sometimes too much collaboration and takes long time to make decisions and get things done.

NWEA2019-08-28

Discover more reviews about NWEA.