NYC Department of Human Resource Administration - Difficult and unprofessional environment | Glassdoor

"Difficult and unprofessional environment"

Former Employee - Rent Freeze Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at NYC Department of Human Resource Administration full-time for less than a year

Pros

Health benefits are completely paid. DC-37 (our union) was relatively responsive and delegates are extremely dedicated.

Cons

worked with HRA and the Tenant Support Unit for about a year. Six months into the job, I started applying out to other positions. It didn't help that I was severely over-qualified for the position (managing clients, advocating with them when dealing with the Dept of Finance, advising them when applying for city services) and our "supervisors" were under-qualified, unorganized, and condescending. Upper management received several complaints regarding intimidation and what appeared to be racially insensitive behavior. There is very little room for growth in this unit. Now, the salaries have been cut by at least 1/3 so the benefits are not nearly as good or worth dealing with the environment.

Continue reading
    NYC Department of Human Resource Administration2018-07-27
  1. "analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at NYC Department of Human Resource Administration full-time

Pros

many opportunities and room for growth

Cons

outdated system and acquiring a permanent title is tedious

NYC Department of Human Resource Administration2019-12-17
  2. "Go there"

Current Employee - Air Waitress

Pros

Flexible schedule, Opportunity to grow in the industry

Cons

Workload is heavy, slow at times in the year

NYC Department of Human Resource Administration2020-01-23

Discover more reviews about NYC Department of Human Resource Administration.