NYU Langone Health - Exciting place to work for IT professionals. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NYU Langone Health

"Exciting place to work for IT professionals."

Former Employee - Senior IT Analyst in New York, NY
Former Employee - Senior IT Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at NYU Langone Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The hospital and school leadership are some of the smartest people I have worked with. The clinical staff is dedicated to quality patient care. The SOM has developed some unique technology to enable virtual learning and collaboration.

Cons

IT Management has implemented a culture of blame. System failures are investigated to find out who is to blame. In a misguided attempt to portray themselves as tough no-nonsense leaders IT management will discipline individuals for human error. This behavior has a devastating effect on morale.

Advice to Management

Humans make errors. This is well understood on the clinical side and addressed without blaming the individual. Errors are reported and studied. The environment or process is adjusted so that normal, to-be-expected errors can't create severe adverse events.

IT management should take the same approach. Morale will improve, outcomes will improve and it's the right thing to do.

Other Employee Reviews for NYU Langone Health

"Not bad as a job, but not promising for future career"

Current Employee - Research Scientist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Research Scientist in New York, NY

I have been working at NYU Langone Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefit. Tuition remission. 6 week vacation per year. Working time is very flexible and work from home is possible. Chances to involve some cutting-edge research projects and get some publications.

Cons

Almost no room for promotion. Career pathway is not very clear. No bonus. Management is OK but bureaucracy can be often observed.

2. "Research Assistant"

Former Intern - Research Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Research Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at NYU Langone Health as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Super friendly and the PI was accessible, making it easy for me to get more involved in the research. I loved working with all of the other research assistants, and they made me feel really welcome to the team.

Cons

The HR process was kind of slow and not very organized. They respond rather slowly to email.