NYX - Only as a last resort | Glassdoor

"Only as a last resort"

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Livonia, MI
Former Employee - Project Engineer in Livonia, MI

Pros

Easy to get hired there when they're hiring. You can do things your own way as long as you get good results.

Cons

They have low hiring and promoting standards, if the owner likes you personally you will be promoted over a more qualified person. The pay is very low and they just lowered everyone's salary by 20% due to the economy. They say employees are their greatest asset but they treat them like machinery.

Advice to Management

Start treating your people better or you'll lose the last of your talented people once the economy turns around.

NYX Response

Jan 8, 2014 – Director of Human Resources

It is true that we did lower salaries by 20% during the automotive downturn--FOR EVERYONE. Every single employee voluntarily took a temporary pay cut. It is the sole reason that we were able to save... More

Other Employee Reviews for NYX

1. "Worse Decision of staying so long at NYX.. Want to leave now"

Pros

casual atmosphere, ease of hiring

Cons

No salary review, Low salaries, No motivation in employees, New employess less capable get more salary than more talented more experienced same qualification guys working here for the past many years.

Advice to Management

Think of your loyal employees, It is not fair that you give more salary to some new less capable employees with same qualifications. I tried to earn and extract every penny from our customers for NYX, but with no recognition not even told good once. I started looking for job now, but I will make sure no more gains from me as long as I am in this company.

2. "NYX Company Review"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at NYX as an intern

Pros

Very accommodating and flexible, and willing to provide training for certain skillsets (such as Excel).

Cons

No downsides to report, I had a great experience there.