Nakisa - Good people, boring job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nakisa

"Good people, boring job"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Nakisa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The best thing about Nakisa is the people who work there. They are friendly and help you a lot.
- Very friendly, hand in code managers. Chris & Albert are great managers to work with. They will support their team 100%.
- The location is down town Montreal, McGill Collage.

Cons

- More work in XML, XSL than Java. As a software developer you may expect to work with Java but mostly it is configuration.
- It is more like a family business. The head of HR is CEO's sister, Head of IT, QA, Finance & Support is CEO's brother. Working with him is hard & he doesn't have knowledge for technical decisions that he make.
- No pension plan.
- Limited insurance.
- I would only recommend this company for the first job.

Advice to Management

I don't think your brother has enough knowledge for the decisions he make.

Other Employee Reviews for Nakisa

"Happy that I left the company before it breaks down"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Nakisa full-time

Pros

Breakfast is included, BUT always check the expiry dates!

You will find many fantastic co-workers there, BUT hurry up, on average every week one of them is leaving (Why? check the cons)

The company is in downtown and has access to underground level (It is important if you know Montreal's winters)

The chairs! I missed them a lot. Variety of perfect office chairs that you can choose!

Cons

The company is totally SAP dependent (partner), and since SAP acquired their competitor (SuccessFactor), they couldn't make enough money!

Almost all the key people in the company left in late 2012 and early 2013, including 4 VPs (Marketing, PS, Finance and Engineering Operations)! Plus more than 10 developers, five testers and more than 10 people from other departments (More than 20% of company's population!)

The culture is awful. There is no place for feedback and criticism. The head of HR is the sister of company owner and executive. And his brother is in charge of release, test, IT and finance departments! So, if you are not happy with what they do (which is common), leave the company before they let you go!

Advice to Management

You don't need to give jobs to all your relatives if you want your company grow.

2. "All in all, very satisfied with my experience at Nakisa."

Former Employee - Software Developer in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Nakisa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The location is very convenient (downtown Montreal).
    There was a fun, friendly and supportive atmosphere in the office.
    My direct managers were knowledgeable, supportive and helpful. The other managers that I worked with, were good in general but few of them weren't either as resourceful as I wished them to be or as supportive.
    Down to earth and easy to reach CEO; same goes for most of other top level managers.
    Good pay and compensation.
    Free breakfast, coffee and snack.

Cons

There was not much hard core Java involved in daily work. As a developer I was looking for more Java work than XML, XSL or JS tasks.
    There was lighting issue in most areas of the office. Also heating and cooling system was not very good (temperature was very different in different floors of the building).
    No private parking, so if you want to take your car to work, you either have to find a spot in the street , which isn't very easy all the time as the area and surrounding streets are super busy, or pay 20 to 30 bucks to park in one of the buildings around the office like Place Ville-Marie.