NantHealth - A great bunch of people and an exciting company to work for. The CEO is passionate about the product and the company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for NantHealth

"A great bunch of people and an exciting company to work for. The CEO is passionate about the product and the company."

Current Employee - Administrative in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Administrative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at NantHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dynamic environment, high energy, a lot of excitement as the company grows. Employees' contributions are truly appreciated. Everyone truly cares about the company and each other. There are a lot of group activities acrross functional lines. There are employees who have been with the company since the beginning because they truly believe in what we are doing.

Cons

The hours are long for most of the staff and it is sometimes difficult to take time off. It is a start up company and we are feeling some growing pains. We are still learning.

Advice to Management

Keep letting the employees know how important they are to you.

Other Employee Reviews for NantHealth

"It's been a very long and hard 3 years with this company and I don't see it getting any better anytime soon."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dallas, TX

Pros

-Ability to learn new technologies
    -Ability to learn industry information
    -Ability to work from home often
    -Very competent sales team
    -Employees are very smart and hard working
    -Benefits are good for such a small company
    -Location

Cons

-Extremely demanding deadlines
    -Development team is not consulted on project timelines
    -Long work hours - it's typical to work over 70 hours per week (weekends and nights) to meet deliverables.
    -It seems impossible to please management. Positive feedback does not come easy, even when it's obvious how hard the team is working.
    -There is little or no verbal recognition of hard work by IT employees. There is recognition on other teams, just not IT.
    -Expectation to learn new technologies without any time to train or research. It's typical for a new technology to be chosen in the middle of a project which already has a very tight deadline. IT employees have to scramble to change all of the code and still meet the deadline.

Advice to Management

-The development team is overworked and burned out. We can't keep going from stressful project to stressful project with no downtime. In IT we expect to have periods of long hours and stressful implementations, but constantly is too much for any human to handle. Almost every meeting we have includes a conversation about the long work hours we are working.
    -Management expectations of IT employees is too high. Expecting someone to perform a function they've never done before and to do it as if they were an expert the first time is a mistake. Most people need time to learn a little before they before proficient. The project schedules leave no time for that. It leads to bad design decisions.
    -You need to hire more staff to relieve the current team. You keep telling us to recruit, but hardly anyone is getting hired.
    -Sales team needs to make sure a deadline is obtainable before signing contracts with clients. Especially when the few employees we have are already spread thinly. It's exciting to make a sell, but it's a disaster if we can't deliver.
    -IT Management needs to allow the architects to make more technical decisions without constant micro-managing. Reviews by management are good, but they need to be done before the project is too far along.
    -The company needs to hire an experienced IT management team with knowledge of setting up procedures and processes. The current IT management team is good at strategic planning, but terrible at putting in an infrastructure.
    - We have a great product, but unless the proper management team is brought in, it will all fail.

2. "Software Developer"

I have been working at NantHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Treats Employees well. Does evaluation and performance analysis on time.

Cons

No Management flow to developers.