Nasdaq - Was very satisfied with my position at NASDAQ OMX | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nasdaq

"Was very satisfied with my position at NASDAQ OMX"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Nasdaq full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work environment was very pleasant, the work load was always very steadily busy, location of office was a great commute for me, management team was very nice to work with, it was great work experience for me

Cons

budget cuts cost me my job or I would still be there, I would work for NASDAQ at any given moment, it was great work experience for me

Other Employee Reviews for Nasdaq

"Terrible management. CEO needs to step-down"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Nasdaq full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ESPP plan, Brand name, view from the building

Cons

This company does not believe in investing in its people. Their entire attitude towards their employees is to get the most out of them while giving them the least amount of training, growth opportunity, comp, respect or appreciation. CEO micromanages everything, down to the hiring of analyst level positions. Surrounded by yes men/women who can do nothing to help the staff. Constant fire drills and chaos in the work. Everything has to be done now, at the whim of senior management. Bottom line is everything, people mean nothing.

Advice to Management

In order to grow, you need to invest in your people and infrastructure. Constant cost cutting is not the the way to improve your product and ultimately your bottom line.

"Was great for a while then went downhill very rapidly after large acquisition that happened in June '13."

Former Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY

I worked at Nasdaq full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very good benefits, base pay, high quality coworkers. Some legacy products are top notch. Good company name to have on your resume.

Cons

Management in place now with the Thomson acquisition that has absolutely no clue what they are doing. Misstep after misstep from product roll-outs to Facebook IPO, to exchange outage in August '13. CEO will not accept any responsibility (buck does not stop with him), but will quickly place blame on internal technology issues or blame outside factors.

Constantly in fear of losing your job regardless of your loyalty/tenure or how well you are doing. Employees looking to leave like rats off a sinking ship. Meetings that are typically a complete and utter waste of time. Mandate from CEO is to constantly cut costs and increase margins (like a broken record), but eventually there is no more meat left on the bone to cut. CEO is surrounded by "yes" men/women and if you're liked by executive management you'll have a job forever at Nasdaq.

VP level on up is too concerned with ladder climbing.Too many fiefdom's that don't communicate well and are all selling into the same accounts which creates confusion for the prospects/clients.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people vs giving yourselves raises...training benefits everyone and adds to your bottom line via increased sales. Also, learn to treat your employees with respect vs. treating them like cattle. Remove yourself from your ivory towers and get out with your divisions to better understand their challenges. Last but not least, please stop the old school 'rule by fear' method...it doesn't work to motivate people.