Nash-Finch - Horrible experience so far | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nash-Finch

"Horrible experience so far"

Current Employee - Order Selector in Fargo, ND
Current Employee - Order Selector in Fargo, ND

I have been working at Nash-Finch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, plentg of OT available.

Cons

Warehouse management is horrible. They pinish employees who get hurt on the job. They preach family values, but ddon't care about you or your family. Youre not a person, just a number.

Advice to Management

Start treating the employees with more respect, even if you treated them like dirt it would be an upgrade. When someone gets injured doing their job, don't go out of your way to make their life hell. Find competent frontline managers who know how to do their job.

Other Employee Reviews for Nash-Finch

"Easily The Worst Employment Experience I Have Had"

Former Employee - Finance in Edina, MN
    Former Employee - Finance in Edina, MN

I worked at Nash-Finch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The salary was ok (more of a neutral than a pro). Cheap food at the cafeteria. $0.25 sodas.

Cons

Instead of a laptop Nash employees use Citrix terminals with Lotus email. I have never heard of any other place that does not provide laptops and the usual Microsoft Outlook. The phone would go into vm even when I answered it and would proceed play my message while we were trying to talk and then record the conversation. IT could not fix this so I just used my cell phone. Somehow the background check took 10 business days to complete. I have never heard of this taking more than 2 business days. The building was run down. The benefits were very poor. It appears that this is the last stop on a lot of career arcs. The people I recognized here from prior employers had been fired or asked to leave. Given the overall talent level I suspect the same is true for those I did not recognize. Turnover is very high and would be even higher if the "talent" was able to find someone else willing to hire them.

Advice to Management

Management may actually be pursuing the best strategy given the company's situation. It is a buiness with razor-thin margins and they survive by essentially evading competition by serving small, rural markets that even Wal-Mart has not gotten to. It makes for a very poor place to work though.

2. "A poor man's Supervalu. And you know Supervalu is in turmoil!"

Former Employee - Finance in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Finance in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Nash-Finch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I don't think I can name one.

Cons

Very uncreative company ran by people that are scared to change. Management turnover is a problem. Everything is in the cloud. Their cloud goes down often and then work stops for half a day. It was funny when even the CFO could not even print his power point slides because of it. All in the name of saving money at the cost of being less productive.

Advice to Management

Let yourself be bought out.