Nashville General Hospital at Meharry - It's been a good experience working for NGH, it has allowed me to grow as a professional nurse. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Nashville General Hospital at Meharry

"It's been a good experience working for NGH, it has allowed me to grow as a professional nurse."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
Current Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

NGH is a teaching hospital, so while the interns and residents are being taught the nurses are learning too. I think one of the very best reasons I like working at NGH is because the patients appreciate what you do for them.

Cons

The downside of working at NGH is that we haven't had a raise in 4 years. We did get a 1.5% bonus but that equaled out to be less than half of a regular paycheck.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to listen to the concerns of their employees and try to work togethere with the employees for a solution that will satisfy all parties involved. Simply agreeing that something is not right will not keep our valued employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Nashville General Hospital at Meharry

1. "Don't get comfortable"

Current Employee - Patient Accounts Representative
    Current Employee - Patient Accounts Representative

Pros

Overall culture of entire hospital is great. Individual departments very greatly depending on management. The hospital working working for a good cause.

Cons

Some are simply there to get a paycheck and do very little, which burdens the people that are actually working hard. Lacks ability to look at workers skills and help workers succeed.

Advice to Management

Know and acknowledge strengths of workers. Solve issues with deadlines rather than have a "just get it done or I'll kill you" attitude.

2. "Volunteer"

Pros

Great environment to learn and grow

Cons

This is a safety net hospital that has wonderful potential to educate and increase the SES and overall health of the area by utilizing the clinics and health services. The work will never end.

Advice to Management

Never give up!!