Natera - Fast paced, yet extremely fun and rewarding place to work! | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Natera

"Fast paced, yet extremely fun and rewarding place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Natera full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to be surrounded by some of the sharpest minds doing extremely inspiring work, very fascinating technology. Everyone is friendly and eager to chat with you about what they do. While we work hard, we also find time to play hard, gorgeous facility, weekly catered food, you can bring your pet to work and there is even a soccer team including members from every department.

Cons

Again, very fast paced, you absolutely have to be in this environment, it is what makes us more successful and competitive, and ultimately more proud of where you work.

Other Employee Reviews for Natera

"Management is horrible!"

Pros

The products are useful and help people have healthy children.

Cons

Certain managers bully their subordinates and have no experience whatsoever. There is a lot of micromanaging, which makes for a tense work environment. Favoritism plays a huge part in getting promotions at this company. The people they choose to put in leadership positions have no authority to be there. They have horrible grammar, speech and communication skills. We do not get paid enough for all the hard work we do. The company is extremely profitable and growing like crazy, and yet cannot afford to pay their employees more money. Instead of paying for snacks, catering and TV's they should pay their employees more and provide stock options to EVERY DEPARTMENT. Employees feel unimportant and under appreciated because they are!

Advice to Management

Get rid of the mediocre managers in charge and pay employees more.

"Intense company atmosphere, bright prospects"

Current Employee - Management in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Management in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Natera full-time

Pros

The team is full of highly competent, hard working people. A lot of great science is being done at a very fast pace. The company is growing quickly and has a bright future. There is low tolerance for slackers or sloppiness. If you can deal with the intensity you will thrive, and if you show that you are competent and productive you will be promoted.

Cons

A lot is expected of you, and if you make thoughtless decisions, you will be held accountable. It can be difficult to always be on your toes and doing a good job, and you won't be cut much slack if you need to rest. While I put this as a con, it is more a question of whether there is a fit between you and the company culture. It can be a very demanding environment, but that is why the company has been more than doubling in value every year for almost a decade. The two unfortunately tend to go hand in hand.

Advice to Management

(1) From my viewpoint as an employee: I'd like a bit more compassion from above.
    (2) From my viewpoint as an equity holder, which I am via stock options: forget about what I said in (1), you are doing great.