Natera - Professional Office Drone | Glassdoor

"Professional Office Drone"

Current Employee - Accountant in San Carlos, CA
Current Employee - Accountant in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Natera full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free catering 3 times a week

Cons

Poor management. Does not appreciate the work we lowly commoners do.

Advice to Management

Show more compassion to us lowly slaves

Other Employee Reviews for Natera

"Fast paced, yet extremely fun and rewarding place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Natera full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to be surrounded by some of the sharpest minds doing extremely inspiring work, very fascinating technology. Everyone is friendly and eager to chat with you about what they do. While we work hard, we also find time to play hard, gorgeous facility, weekly catered food, you can bring your pet to work and there is even a soccer team including members from every department.

Cons

Again, very fast paced, you absolutely have to be in this environment, it is what makes us more successful and competitive, and ultimately more proud of where you work.

"Intense company atmosphere, bright prospects"

Current Employee - Management in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Management in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Natera full-time

Pros

The team is full of highly competent, hard working people. A lot of great science is being done at a very fast pace. The company is growing quickly and has a bright future. There is low tolerance for slackers or sloppiness. If you can deal with the intensity you will thrive, and if you show that you are competent and productive you will be promoted.

Cons

A lot is expected of you, and if you make thoughtless decisions, you will be held accountable. It can be difficult to always be on your toes and doing a good job, and you won't be cut much slack if you need to rest. While I put this as a con, it is more a question of whether there is a fit between you and the company culture. It can be a very demanding environment, but that is why the company has been more than doubling in value every year for almost a decade. The two unfortunately tend to go hand in hand.

Advice to Management

(1) From my viewpoint as an employee: I'd like a bit more compassion from above.
    (2) From my viewpoint as an equity holder, which I am via stock options: forget about what I said in (1), you are doing great.