Natera - Interesting work with startup environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Natera

"Interesting work with startup environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Natera full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting company that's doing meaningful work. The biggest 'Pro' is the people that work here. Very smart, nice, and accepting. Nice office and central location. There are the standard perks (lunches, snacks, parking, parties, etc) established. The company is still 'small' and so there's a huge opportunity to make your mark.

Cons

Like most startups, it's a young company with young workforce. The result is that leadership is somewhat lacking but this is changing for the better as the company grows. You should be the type that wants to work hard towards a goal that actually matters. There is an *intense* need for more meeting rooms.

Advice to Management

Err on the side of keeping things positive whenever possible. You are so close to having the right balance.

Other Employee Reviews for Natera

"worst place I've ever worked"

I worked at Natera full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

free parking. decent snacks ,some smart/nice people

Cons

Executive team is a disaster. The CEO, while brilliant, has a style that can best be described as MBS(management by screaming). The office lacks a professionalism that it desperately needs. Company is solving an interesting problem, but given the chaos that reigns,it's hard to be optimistic about the company

Advice to Management

Upper management could benefit from some training . It would be great if the office could resemble a professional environment versus the hallways of a junior high school

"Baits you in with perks, but then you realize it's a hot mess!"

I have been working at Natera full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The biotechnology used is innovating and has helped many people conceive healthy babies that are low risk for the conditions we screen for through various tests.
    You get benefits that are cheaper than most. You also get food catered three days a week.

Cons

I just wish that people took there job seriously. Most of the time people are walking off the job to take paid "smoke breaks". It's also very cliquey, seems like everyone has got there friend, cousin, sister, mother and brother a job here. For the most part people are friendly but one thing I don't like is most people dress like bums off the street. Everyone knows if you don't care how you look you, then surely you don't care about doing your job! Its also unstructured because it s a start up.

Advice to Management

My boss is straightforward and lets us know there expectations. Cant be mad at that!