National Association of Home Builders - Great Place to Work | Glassdoor

"Great Place to Work"

I worked at National Association of Home Builders full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great staff and benefits. Very efficient and well organized association. Everything they do is top notch and of high quality. Their International Builders Show is among the best in the business. A true experience.

Cons

Housing industry is in decline so they've had to cut back considerably, but still a good place to work.

Other Employee Reviews for National Association of Home Builders

1. "Program Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at National Association of Home Builders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a great work life balance while working here. It is a well established organization, with great members that are engaging and have amazing conferences.

Cons

Things move a little slow. I constantly was waiting for decisions to be made and looking for more work to fill my time.

2. "Enjoyed it but had to move one"

I worked at National Association of Home Builders full-time

Pros

NAHB is a great place to work - well funded organization with good members and a noble cause. I started out there early in my career and I wish I could have stayed there longer.

Cons

Many of the pros turn into cons - people tend to work there for a long time making it difficult for young employees to move up the ladder. While these longer tenured employees bring lots of institutional knowledge, they also tend to be resistant to change and trying new things. Also, while the membership is very involved and care, they are probably too involved and it is even more difficult for the organization to make changes.

Advice to Management

Find some way to make the organization more innovative and allow employees more options/freedom to move within the organization.