National Automobile Dealers Association - Good place to work | Glassdoor

"Good place to work"

Former Employee - Compliance Analyst
Former Employee - Compliance Analyst

Pros

Great people. Plenty of opportunities to move around in the company. Lots of vacation days.

Cons

Compensation could be a little better. Work day is not flexible. 8:30 to 4:45. Don’t be late or leave early.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed my years at NADA. Management is doing a good job. Maybe offer some flexability in the work day. Traffic is terrible in Tysons.

Other Employee Reviews for National Automobile Dealers Association

1. "Fantastic Benefits"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at National Automobile Dealers Association full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

NADA has a fantastic benefits package. I learned a lot while I was there and earned a lot of good experience and met a lot of great people.

Cons

The association down-sized quite a bit over the past couple of years. It's unclear what it will look like in 5 years.

Advice to Management

None.

"Unprofessional and drama filled"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I worked at National Automobile Dealers Association full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many good individuals and teams that do great work for the auto industry. The CEO is great, and NADA offers flexible hours, good benefits, competitive pay, and encourages continuing training/education, etc. The middle management I dealt with was reponsive and supportive, so I had mixed feelings about leaving.

Cons

Poor upper management with inconsistent policies/procedures, who tolerate (even seems to encourage) unprofessional behavior from some very disrespectful employees. Certain members of upper management tend to make decisions based on limited background information. And yes, I left of my own accord-so this is not a case of sour grapes. Some newer members of upper management seem bound and determined to tear apart a basically good organization, which is sad. I couldn't watch it anymore. I left before I became a target.

Advice to Management

Listen to all employees, not just a chosen few. Do their homework and get to the root of and properly address yhe problems instead of taking the word of others (who definitely seem to have an agenda) as gospel. A few bad apples are certainly doing there best to bring down the organization, and you are playing right along with them. Get a backbone and stop the game playing.