National Church Residences - Potentially great company | Glassdoor

"Potentially great company"

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good resouces, knowledgeable re: future directions of housing, great opportunity with potential growth, impressive employee benefits and above board standards. Motivational and direction based company and highly reccomended for beginning leadership based opportunity. Company values are excellant with high moral standards.

Cons

Management seems to get lost in it's growth and seems to get lost in basic communication with it's employees at times. Wants uniform activity across the country whether big city or small rural communities that is not realistic and sometimes sets programs up to fail because of their inability or desires to see the differences. Quick to criticize but slow to praise. Often criticism comes from their own inability to communicate what they want or expectations from individual sites . If employee is quick to realize that they will be left to figure out the expectations with no direction or direction which is dependant on whether or not they have a good manager then they will succeed, if not the road will be rough. Frequent changes from upper management are expected with reorganization so adaptation on a regular basis is to be expected. Often asked to do extra collection of information with no clear direction or indication as to why and employee is left to re figure the data on a regular basis depending on who gave the initial direction. Company seems to be lost in it's size.

Advice to Management

Provide more initial training and clearer expectations in the beginning of employment. Recognize employees strengths and take advantage of employees abilities and their individualism. Communication seems lacking with basics but is great for communication as far as what will be irrelevant for most. Get to know your employees better and they will perform better. Treat employees the way that it is expected that employees treat our individuals.

Other Employee Reviews for National Church Residences

1. "Service Coordinator"

Former Employee - Service Coordinator in Virginia (South Africa)
    Former Employee - Service Coordinator in Virginia (South Africa)

Pros

Many training and webinar opportunities, Quality Assurance is very supportive in providing steps through new situations. My supervisor was awesome, supportive and always available if I needed to speak with her (which was not much because I never had any issues with the company/job). The service coordination program is very helpful to the residents, so you feel like you are making an impact. I personally think the company cares about their employees. They are constantly making improvements to their documenting format and case management system/protocol which was great because they made those changes based on service coordinator feedback. The schedule was flexible in terms of taking time for doctor's visits and good vacation benefits. The position also provides a lot of useful experience and transferable skills as you continue your career in the human service field.

Cons

I was a contract employee on a property not owned by NCR, so I work a lot by myself. But some people may enjoy that more than I did. Otherwise, no cons.

Advice to Management

None, I think management is going a great job. I never had a problem. My supervisor and Quality Assurance manager were great, they always helped if I had an issue. I think my training was great and I think evaluations were fair and consistent.

2. "It's a place to develop your skills and receive some valuable e-training and skills."

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

Pros

National Church Residences is Christ centered organization. I agreement wholeheartly with their misson and their vision, which is mainly to provide housing for an aging society.

Cons

Not enough support staff to assit on properties. On smaller sites the manager is responsible for performing the duties for all the job titles. Example, leasing agent, compliance manager, assistant manager, and manager. It's even more difficult when one manager is hired to run two sites, which doubles the duties to be performed. There is also not enough contact between site management and leadership.

Advice to Management

Management might want to make themselves more available to on-site staff with additional training to strengthen employees where they may be experiencing difficulty meeting company expectations.