National Church Residences - Unbelievable waste of time. The most you'll ever work is 3 years. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for National Church Residences

"Unbelievable waste of time. The most you'll ever work is 3 years."

Former Employee - Maintenance Tech I
Former Employee - Maintenance Tech I

I worked at National Church Residences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro was the first month. training and meeting all the new residence assuming responsibility, Then finding out the company has back bills,low pay,impossible turnover and no way to complete your job duty's because to many rules and zero cash.

Cons

Overworked crab fest ,low pay, bad management,unbelievable write ups, managers lie about everything, You have to sue the company to get your benefits,
No one listened in management,the paychecks were all goofed up and there was no way to view your log in or out. Vacation was not paid, sick-days not paid on time.
Surf job openings proves the fact Ohio and VA is the worst possible place to work. during a near depression work goes unfilled because the word has got out about this employer.

Advice to Management

During my 3 year tour I worked for 3 different boss's . witnessed 5 wrongful terminations.
My advice to management is to cease and desist, You cannot run a company when your employees are training every 6 months. Your turnover rate is beyond burgers 400%
In my division YOU terminated quality elder employees for non quality young employees.
(directly against the advice of warren buffet who says the young employees have horrible grades and lack of ambition).
You as management haven't bent to listen, and when you did listen you devoured the wrong info hook line and sinker.

Other Employee Reviews for National Church Residences

"Sr managers who treat their staff with disrespect, HR turns a blind eye"

Pros

Decent pay. Good corporate mission.

Cons

Favoritism is blatant and bad behavior by certain Senior, long time management employees is prevalent. HR seems to feel that their job is to argue that it isn't the case when brought to their attention rather than advocate for the employee. Steer clear of employment here unless you are desperate... And keep your resume updated.

Advice to Management

Do not treat employees as if they are expendable. Do not condone a culture where power is amassed into the hands of a few ladies who behave as if they are Jr High School bullies. Consider fielding some genuinely anonymous feedback from employees about how they are treated by their boss, bypassing the protective 'good ole girl' network of HR leadership.

2. "Great Organization; both Mission and Structure"

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at National Church Residences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This organization has an amazing set of online policies and procedures that never leave you guessing on how to proceed in any situation. Management is very supportive and available. The organization has a mission that is innovative, compassionate, and adaptive to an aging America. The only reason I left is because they didn't have any properties where I relocated to.

Cons

Just like any organization there are some downsides, but they are negligible compared to how you feel at the end the day in a great organization.