National Church Residences - Review | Glassdoor

"Review"

I worked at National Church Residences full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company represents integrity at its finest; however, the corporate environment has changed drastically. The company seems to work hard to keep up and be on the leading edge in the ever-changing senior housing industry.

Cons

However, as the company has grown, it has lost its ability to relate to the needs of its employees. The culture seems to have shifted away from meeting the needs of our senior citizens and being successful at the community level to making money for the investors.

Advice to Management

Seek to improve the physical image of the facilities by investing what it takes to make the facilities marketable in a very competitive environment.

Other Employee Reviews for National Church Residences

1. "Not valued"

Pros

Decent pay for the type of job, huge conferences, nice to be in the helping profession

Cons

Dead end job. Company makes how much in profits yet keep most of its employees at part time. Lots of internal conflicts, upper management out of touch with employees. us against them between residents and property managers and other employees. Pay is not based on merit or length of service. Worst documentation system I have ever seen.

Advice to Management

Get better benefits for part time workers, allow hours when needed rather than having to work for free, do something about the documentation system, value your employees - there is enough profit margin to do so.

"Unbelievable waste of time. The most you'll ever work is 3 years."

Former Employee - Maintenance Tech I
    Former Employee - Maintenance Tech I

I worked at National Church Residences full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro was the first month. training and meeting all the new residence assuming responsibility, Then finding out the company has back bills,low pay,impossible turnover and no way to complete your job duty's because to many rules and zero cash.

Cons

Overworked crab fest ,low pay, bad management,unbelievable write ups, managers lie about everything, You have to sue the company to get your benefits,
    No one listened in management,the paychecks were all goofed up and there was no way to view your log in or out. Vacation was not paid, sick-days not paid on time.
    Surf job openings proves the fact Ohio and VA is the worst possible place to work. during a near depression work goes unfilled because the word has got out about this employer.

Advice to Management

During my 3 year tour I worked for 3 different boss's . witnessed 5 wrongful terminations.
    My advice to management is to cease and desist, You cannot run a company when your employees are training every 6 months. Your turnover rate is beyond burgers 400%
    In my division YOU terminated quality elder employees for non quality young employees.
    (directly against the advice of warren buffet who says the young employees have horrible grades and lack of ambition).
    You as management haven't bent to listen, and when you did listen you devoured the wrong info hook line and sinker.