National City - The worst decision I made was moving to National City. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for National City

"The worst decision I made was moving to National City."

Current Employee - Licensed Financial Consultant in Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Licensed Financial Consultant in Louisville, KY

Pros

The pay was very good on the base salary.

Cons

The payout on the investement side was miniscule, between 3-15%. The management is poorly structured with a divide between the investment and bank side and the LFCs caught in between. Some of the Branch Managers have the old mentality that you selling investments is taking away from their deposit base. There is a lack of a good support system. The branch managers spend 75% of their time our of the office on "business calls." When the branch manager is in the office, they refuse to actually do any work, such as opening accounts. I actually had multiple ocassions when I was in the break room eating lunch, and the branch manager came and got me to have me open an account, even though they were doing nothing. The disciplinary techniques are very strange. Your manager will not say anything to you about how you are doing, but then will write you up for something that they never got an explanation for, until the write-up is occurring, and when there is a completely logical explanation, they don't care.

Advice to Management

Actually ask questions before writing somebody up, and don't write people up based on hearsay. Have some integrity.

Other Employee Reviews for National City

1. "Excellent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Canton, MI
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Canton, MI

Pros

opportunities for advancement, training, time off and paid holidays. hours are excellent and work/life balance is stronly encouraged.

Cons

dealing with customers regarding things beyond your control (policies & procedures)

Advice to Management

keep up the great work! This is a great place to work.

2. "Overall good place to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kalamazoo, MI

Pros

Plenty of opportunities for advancement. Promotes from within.

Cons

The pay doesn't seem to be the best, and not most qualified necessarily in supervisory roles (I have never applied to be a supervisor just an observation).

Advice to Management

Merit increases should be based on merit