National City - Used to be a good place to work... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for National City

"Used to be a good place to work..."

Current Employee - Analyst
Current Employee - Analyst

Pros

There are still good people left after PNC took over.
You get the impression they are trying to do a good job.
Surrounded by a LOT of very smart people.

Cons

People are dropping like flies, every day more and more positions are being eliminated (I'm out of here in a few months myself).
It seems that for some positions they are hiring way over-qualified people because the market is so full of unemployed people.

Advice to Management

Change your job postings on the PNC side so it is clear when job location can be flexible.
Revamp your job descriptions to be a true representation of the job responsibilities, at times they are not accurate.
Communicate, communicate, communicate. I know you are trying but there are a lot of confused employees and customers about the transition to PNC.

Other Employee Reviews for National City

1. "Let the dust settle before you search for a job within National City or PNC."

Current Employee - Loan Processor
    Current Employee - Loan Processor

Pros

The money is ok
    There is plenty of opportunity for advancement
    If you like to travel, the commercial side of mortgages allows you to do that
    Because management is so hands off, you do not have people looking over your shoulder. This is good and bad. It's good because if you are a hard worker, you don't need someone breathing down your neck. It's bad when you work with lazy people.
    The information flow is TERRIBLE. Management does not relay information well.

Cons

Management is terrible - there is no support, you are expected to figure everything out for yourself
    If you do a good job, they will work you to death
    The work life balance does not exist
    You do not get feedback unless you directly ask for it
    There are people that have worked there foro far too long and they kind of "poison" the office
    Very corporate
    Currently merging with PNC - very limited information has been given out regarding the merger

Advice to Management

I undestand that there is not much you can tell us about the PNC merger, but the 8 months of silence is really starting to take a toll. Your employees are scared and angry. Their attitudes toward their jobs is going downhill. These are hardworking people, but they are extremely discouraged right now. Tell us something! ANYTHING about the merger that you can... and even if you don't know anything, tell us what you are discussing with them. Tell us when you think the final decisions are going to be made. We have been left out in the dark for too long now.

2. "Used to be a fine company"

Current Employee - Business Analyst II
    Current Employee - Business Analyst II

Pros

Especially in I.S., many opportunities for a good salary without having to become a manager; however, there is very much a sense of being constrained by the way things have "always been done."

Cons

The biggest con is obvious to anyone who knows anything about the company -- you are nearly guaranteed to work in a department hit by layoffs in the next 2 years.

Advice to Management

It's been nearly 9 months since the acquisition was announced -- stop planning and talking about the need for communication and start actually communicating.