National Defence and the Canadian Forces - No Life Like It | Glassdoor
  1. "No Life Like It"

Current Employee - Unit Commander in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at National Defence and the Canadian Forces full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Working under the most extreme conditions on the planet, but with rewards that cannot possibly be matched (defending countries around the world, and Canadians at home)

Cons

A lot of moving around the country and world, with little choice in the matter

National Defence and the Canadian Forces2019-09-28

"Naval Officer"

I worked at National Defence and the Canadian Forces full-time

Pros

More opportunity, professional development, and world-wide experience than I ever though possible, particularly when I was 19 years old and thought I knew everything but realized quickly how wrong I was! Excitement, word class training followed by experience in a related field. The opportunity to develop constantly and get promoted at regular intervals in rank, salary, and responsibility is unmatched anywhere in the world. In a world where there still exists job discrimination and pay discrimination based on sex, this is the only true equal opportunity where you are paid according to your qualifications, period.

Cons

You must accept that you are not entirely in control of your destiny. Don't fight it, this is actually a good thing. It's hard on families from time to time but the pros far outweigh the cons in every respect.

Continue reading
    National Defence and the Canadian Forces2016-05-22
  2. "Review"

Current Employee - National Defence and the Canadian Forces in Dublin, CA

I have been working at National Defence and the Canadian Forces full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work with lots of interesting people

Cons

can be boring at times

Continue reading
    National Defence and the Canadian Forces2019-02-27

Discover more reviews about National Defence and the Canadian Forces.