National Distributing Company - Sliding downhill.. | Glassdoor
  1. "Sliding downhill.."

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at National Distributing Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-I make my own hours -I don’t work in a cubicle all day -Pay used to be great, is alright now, but that is changing

Cons

-Capped commissions (they wait until you build your territory up then cut accounts from you then once you build even less accounts up they cut you again.) -Capped incentives -Capped incentives don’t even really matter anymore because of how every incentive is so complicated or extremely specific. Ex: $0.50 per case for Brand A, but rep must be up on Brand A and whole state must be up on Brand B for incentive to kick... in. -Also, incentives are less about volume (the previous example notwithstanding) and more about placements of new items. New items are fine, but when they don’t sell the company basically sticks the customer with it. -HORRIBLE health insurance. (My previous health insurance copay was $10 and went to $53 when I switched to their coverage, prescriptions went from $14 for 2 to $125+ for the same medicines) -No gas/mileage allowance. This used not to be that big of a deal, but now we can’t deduct our mileage on taxes.

Advice to Management

Quit cutting budgets. Quit capping sales territories. It’s more efficient and less expensive for the company to pay benefits to less salespeople than having triple the amount of sales reps.

National Distributing Company2018-03-05

National Distributing Company Response

March 16, 2018RNDC & NDC Brand Champion

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about NDC. Feeling like you aren’t rewarded for your work can be frustrating. We strive to create fair programs and incentives for our associates, and we always appreciate new ideas to motivate our sales teams. We hope that you will take advantage of our Open Door Policy so we can find positive solutions together. Thank you for being a part of NDC.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "A strong family valued, Successful Organization"

Current Employee - Management in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at National Distributing Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance oriented, Very supportive management at all levels, Great communication between sales and operations, think out of box is welcome and tested. Great opportunities.

Cons

cost to health benefits could improve, but not out of line with current market availability.

Advice to Management

Stay with the current company philosophies and employee focused direction.

National Distributing Company2019-08-19
  2. "Great company, great people, lots of opportunity."

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at National Distributing Company full-time

Pros

Great business, recession proof, opportunities for growth.

Cons

Pay increases as you move up as not as good as you would expect.

National Distributing Company2019-06-25

Discover more reviews about National Distributing Company.