National Federation of Independent Business - Great financial opportunity while relaying relevant state and federal public policy issues impacting small businesses | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for National Federation of Independent Business

"Great financial opportunity while relaying relevant state and federal public policy issues impacting small businesses"

Current Employee - Telephone Sales Representative
Current Employee - Telephone Sales Representative

I have been working at National Federation of Independent Business (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great earning potential and hours, excellent benefits

Cons

telephone sales region culture has some negative dynamics with management extremely focused strictly on revenues and not on individuals. Not enough professional development. Inconsistent use of programs & committees. Sink or swim approach

Advice to Management

No culture emphasizing importance of families or spouses, always asking for more without acknowledgement of goals met. lack of balance of life/work

Other Employee Reviews for National Federation of Independent Business

"Loved the company, but couldn't justify continuing"

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Field Sales Representative

I worked at National Federation of Independent Business full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They really work hard for the business owner, whom they represent passionately. Management is great and the training is fantastic, in my opinion. My district manager was there for me when I needed help and some of the other top earners in the company helped me out.

The benefits package was incredible, too.

They get supplies out to the field very quickly.

Cons

Commission only, no reimbursement on mileage... made it very difficult at the end when I was basically paying to go to work because of my huge territory and a sales slump.

Advice to Management

Consider a compensation plan that includes mileage. I would still be working there if that was in place.

"Terrible Management"

Current Employee - Membership Representative
    Current Employee - Membership Representative

I have been working at National Federation of Independent Business full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is possible to make very good money if your territory is very conservative thinking. Extremely Republican, Conservative organization

Cons

Commission only and you pay for all your car expenses, etc. Management is awful. All there good for is to take your numbers at the end of the week and report them to their boss.

Advice to Management

do some actual managing. anybody can just wait til friday to record sales numbers. when somebody is struggling, that is when you need to manage. don't only "manage" the top reps. They don't need as much managing.