National Grid USA - Company should elimiate Culture of Fear from the CEO down | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for National Grid USA

"Company should elimiate Culture of Fear from the CEO down"

Current Employee - Gas Operations in Waltham, MA
Current Employee - Gas Operations in Waltham, MA

I have been working at National Grid USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Salary is good once you have paid your dies and worked here for at least five years. Health care cost is not as exorbitant as it was six years ago.

Cons

Human Resources is intent on promoting image of diversity and respect, yet neither attribute is apparent around the company. Complicated and overly wrought employee evaluations have not improved quality assurance levels and are a demoralizing factor as they continually downplay an employee's positive contributions.

Advice to Management

Stop managing by FEAR and stop putting profits ahead of employee concerns for a work/life balance. Provide equal opportunities and stop discriminating against women who are capable as their male counterparts. Reform Human Resources and the Culture of Fear which pervades every department.

Other Employee Reviews for National Grid USA

"Doesn't care about employees"

Current Employee - House Heating Clk F/T in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - House Heating Clk F/T in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at National Grid USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

High salary jobs, there're are union jobs available and good benefits

Cons

No employee morale, most times you get overworked because they refuse to hire more employees, almost no growth opportunities because they hire from outside to pay them less..

Advice to Management

Care about your employees especially ones in the lower bands stop taking employee morale programs away like a quiet room in the break room, yoga classes, occasional lunches or dinners, etc

"Run, run far away"

Former Employee - Manager Digital in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Manager Digital in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at National Grid USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really could not find any Pros. Total chaos and confusion. I'm not kidding, I was shocked.

Cons

My paychecks were never correct, they lost all of my information and i had to resubmit all of my paperwork again just to get paid. I did not receive any pay in November :( My kids benefits were dropped for 2 months, i only found out when the Orthodontist bills were denied. No leadership and no goals. I did not appear that anyone new what was going on. C level employees were confused as to the goals of the company, as was I.

Advice to Management

I truly wish i had some advice for you...good luck!