National HME - Training was horrible and Underpaid | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for National HME

"Training was horrible and Underpaid"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

Great to help people in there time of need.

Cons

I dis-liked the way they train, they need a better solution on how to train future employees. Especially the ones that work the night shift. They expect you to do alot for very little pay also. There is so much you have to learn and when you do get on the floor it can be VERY intimidating. I really wanted to like working here ,but it wasn't what I expected.

Other Employee Reviews for National HME

"National HME is great if you like getting underpaid and ignored."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

Pros

You actually get to make a difference in people's lives. You really get to help people when they need it. You have a chance of getting a piece of an awesome bonus program if you work at the Ft. Worth office.

Cons

You need to devote every minute of your life to work if you ever want a small chance at climbing the corporate ladder. You get under paid regardless of what you do. You have to be friends with upper management in order to get a promotion

Advice to Management

stop using the good-ol-boy system to run the company. Let your current employees apply when positions become available. stop only using your friends to do the high paying jobs.

2. "Definitely Some Pros and Cons"

Current Employee - Lead Technician
    Current Employee - Lead Technician

I have been working at National HME full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helping patients and their families in a tough time. Decent pay with yearly raises even though it may only be .07 cents.

Cons

The upper management seems like they could care less about how they treat any of employees under them except for the PCRS, when it's Us Msts that are out in the snow, sleet, rain, ice, wind, mud, sweltering sun whatever we have to do to try and keep patients happy. Very Poor Equipment being delivered to patients Supposed to be working under the "Grandparent Standard". Well 90% of the equipment I deliver I wouldn't want my loved ones to have.

Advice to Management

Be a management. Train your branch managers to manage, not just promote a driver that has no real managing skills..